5

Sunday went by really fast. It was a normal, boring day and the only interesting thing happened when the night came.

Billie texted me again and she insisted on meeting the next day after school. And that's exactly what I'm gonna do. I made my mom drop us to school because Billie said she's gonna drive me home.

I'm currently in the cafeteria, talking random things with my friends.

"I'm telling you, he asked for it" Travis said, talking about the fight he got into at the party

"Of course he did, you kissed his girlfriend. If I were him, your face would have been gone" Zack complained

"I was winning, but you guys got in between" Travis almost jumped out of his seat.

"Bro. Shut up. You were so dead" Victoria laughed " What about you Ava? I've seen you leaving with Billie. Did you get some?" She asked smirking

"Not really. Something...happened. But we'll meet after school"

"That's cool. You need some action" she added with her mouth full of pizza. Some silence filled our group as our mouths were full of food, but I broke it, wanting a second opinion.

"Guys, I have a question" They all raised their heads, looking at me.

"Don't you think it's weird? The way my cousin died. He never said anything about being depressed or something bothering him. At least not that much to do such thing. What I mean is...what if someone else did it?"

They looked at me like I was crazy. Travis turned his head to the side like a confused puppy and Zack stopped chewing even though his mouth was clearly full.

"Ava, I never met him, but you can't know what's going on in people's heads. This is not Only Murders In The Building. I understand it's hard for you, but what you're saying sounds...hard to believe" Victoria tried to convince me.

How does nobody believe me? Am I the crazy one? I didn't try anymore to convince them because I did it with my dad and it didn't work. I guess I'm all alone in this.

The rest of the classes hardly went by as I couldn't wait to see Billie again. I wonder if she was as beautiful when I was sober.

I told my mom I'll go out with a friend and I'll be late and she sent me back an "ok" message. I'm sure she was busy and she didn't care.

I texted Billie a couple messages but she didn't answer. I tried to call her but nothing. What if she doesn't wanna see me anymore?

I felt panic rushing through my veins as I was headed towards the school parking lot. We were supposed to meet there and searching for her was my last chance.

I don't even remember that well how she looked like. What kind of car does she have? I felt lost

I was watching how students were going home one by one and I was just sitting there, waiting for I don't even know who.

Just when I was about to give up, I felt a pair of hands on my waist , making me startle.

"Ava! It's just me" Billie said laughing at my reaction. I calmed down when I saw her face and I was amazed of the fact that she looked just as beautiful as the first time. Maybe even more beautiful.

"Oh my god! Do you want me to die Billie?" I screamed as I playfully pushed her a little.

"I'm sorry. I would never want anything to happen to my baby" she placed her hand on my cheek, softly caressing it. We stared into each other's eyes for a couple seconds and it was the first time I noticed her eyes.