6

"Vic, can I ask you something?" I looked at her as she was expecting her mashed potatoes. We were in the cafeteria talking about random shit when the last night's information came to my mind.

"Sure. What is it?"

"Do you know anything about the relationship between my cousin and Ray? I discovered last night that they were following each other on instagram." I explained to her

"No idea. Never talked to him about those kind of things. You're really going to dig for finding some answers aren't you?" She asked seeming g surprised

"I have to at least try. Can you do me a favour and ask him if he could answer me some questions? Maybe he knows stuff I don't. Pleaseee" I begged her making those puppy eyes

"Okay. I'll try, but just so you know, he's not the type to answer questions about his business, not even to me" she warned pointing her middle finger.

"I'll try my best. Thanks Vic" she gave me a thumbs up as her mouth was full then we continued with our typical conversation.

~time skip~

"Where are we going?" I asked Billie as she was driving through the streets of Beverly Hills. She picked me up right from the school's gates and I felt for a second like complaining, but when I saw her smile I just couldn't say no.

I'll just lie to my parents about some school project again. I'm planning on telling them what I'm actually doing and with who, but not yet.

Knowing my dad, he'll wanna meet Billie and none of us is ready yet. He likes to ask a lot of questions and I think his job turned him into a person who wants to know everything. And maybe he's also trying to be protective.

I need Billie and I to get closer before she meets them. I feel like there's something special between us even though we've only known each other for about a week.

Billie rubbed my thigh a little then spoke "I'm taking you to my place and by that I mean my home" she said smiling

"Wait. Your parents aren't home, right?" I asked her a little scared as I was thinking of her rich parents

"Don't worry. I live alone. They just bought the house I live in but they gave it to me when I turned eighteen"

"Wow. When I turned eighteen, they bought for me an old car from a neighbour of ours that already died of old age." I said, making both of us laugh

"I hate using their money. If I do, they make me feel like I constantly owe them. The only reason I accepted this house is because I had nowhere else to go and I couldn't stand being under the same roof as them"

I didn't say anything else as I was feeling bad for her. Were her parents that bad? I never understood how someone could treat badly their own children.

After a couple more streets, she stopped and by simply pressing a button the gates in front of us opened revealing a futuristic looking house with what looked like two floors and a big front yard.

The huge fence was hiding everything around the house just like the plants around the beach place from the last time we've seen each other.

She didn't bother to park the car inside the fully opened garage, where I spotted a Bugatti Chiron, a Dodge Challenger , a Tesla Model S, an Urus and what I think it was a Kawasaki, all of them painted in matte black.

Noah was into cars and I learned a lot of things from him about them. I was surprised to see Billie's big collection. She has a car for almost every day of the week.

"Stop staring at my babies. If you're a good girl, I'll let you drive 'em one day" she said smirking, then took me by the hand, leading me inside.

The inside of the house looked just as cool as the outside. There was a lot of matte black and it gave me a cave vibe. Even though outside of the house was all sunny and warm, in the inside, the LED lights were turned on, helping you to see through the darkness.