38

Omniscient POV

"I can't believe you couldn't bring her to me yet" The tall, muscular man said madly

"I told you, Marcus. It's dangerous. Her father could find us. He has people following her around" Billie tried to explain

"Then fucking find something! Make her parents hate her. That way, they won't search. I'm sure she knows something about us. Her cousin must have told her"

"I've already told you. She doesn't. We should leave her alone" the gray haired girl insisted

"I don't care. I want her, idiot. If you don't manage to bring her to me in two weeks, I'll find myself a way to get what I want and you'll be the only one her father will find guilty." He threatened. He stood up from his chair and walked towards the girl, stopping inches away from her

"Don't make me beat the shit out of you, brat" he said harshly.

Ava's POV

"Hey baby. I can't pick you up today. I'll be a little late due to some shit I have to get sorted out. Do you think you'll be okay with that?" Billie asked me through the phone

"Don't worry Bil, I'll find something. If you can't come tonight either just announce me so I can invite Victoria over"

"I'll be there, don't worry about that. I have to go now, love you" she said, kinda whispering the last part, which got me confused but I didn't give it too much attention.

"Love you too. Bye!"

Billie has been the one to drive me around since April got in the hospital. It was my last class and I was thinking if I should take the bus or order an uber to visit my sister, but I stuck to the uber idea.

Once I arrived at the hospital, I went straight to the room where I knew my sister was. When I slowly opened the door, I met the same green eyes with pain in them. I knew she wasn't hurting physically as much as she was mentally. She smiled once she saw me and that warmed my heart.

"Hy angel. How are you?" I said smiling, as I sat down on a chair next to her bed.

"I am tired" she mumbled, holding out her hand for me to grab it.

"Why don't you try to get some sleep?" I asked

"I want to sleep at home, Ava" she said almost sounding mad.

"You'll sleep at home too. Just wait a little longer. When you come back, we'll have a sleepover in my room. I promise" I tightened my grip on her hand, not enough to hurt her.

"Stop lying. You are all lying to me. I know I will never come home if they don't find a donor." Tears appeared in her eyes again and I didn't know what to do. I couldn't disagree with her but I couldn't be the one to tell her that what she said was true.

I stood up from the chair and sat back down on the edge of her bed. She got the hint and moved to leave some space for me too.

I laid next to her and turned my body to wrap my hand around her small waist.

"You are strong, April. I know you are.Please don't cry. Can I bring you anything to make you happier right now?" I asked

"A new heart" she said smiling through the tears. I love how she was still trying to laugh even if she was in pain. I smiled too and playfully squeezed her nose, making her giggle

"Something that I can actually bring, without being arrested by dad" I said making her laugh again. She started into space for a few seconds, her face turning into one I couldn't read.