9

People usually can't wait for Friday to come, right? But I just can't seem to get myself to sleep so I can wake up in that wonderful day.

It's not that I'm not wanting for it, but I'm...nervous? I haven't seen Billie since Monday and even if it's just a couple of days, the last time we've seen each other she made me feel like I was on another planet.

We've been talking through text messages but it's not the same. Besides my feelings for her, I've also been thinking about the phone call she had in the bathroom.

Why would she talk about taking risks and about her parents getting her out of shit? Was she doing something dangerous?

I also have to think of another lie in case I get asked by my parents about where I've been. Billie told me not to tell them about her yet, so I have to find something credible.

Those thoughts couldn't let me sleep so I decided to do something else instead. Continue with Noah's death

I started looking through his insta followers again, searching for people. Is not like I could just approach a random person because I had no idea who was his friend and who was a random girl he asked for her instagram once.

Looking through people, I noticed an account that might have been helpful. Theo and Noah used to be best friends. At least that's what it looked like.

Theo was at Noah's place almost every time I was visiting him, but once I was arriving, Theo was leaving. It was like that until I stated to notice Theo's sudden absence.

It was like they had a fight or something, which caused them to completely forget about each other. I'm surprised they're still following each other. I even remember Theo at my cousin's funeral.

"Oh great, it's private" I let the words out in frustration, not even realising. I pressed the follow button, requesting for him to accept.

There are two options: he's either gonna accept it tomorrow, if not immediately, or he's not using his instagram anymore and I'll have to give up on asking him about any kind of questions.

~time skip~

"I told my parents I have another school project, so you better help me find an interesting subject in case I get asked" I say joking to Billie as she's driving her Jag.

"Damn, your parents are really that strict?" She raised her eyebrows

"Well...not really. At least they weren't . My dad kinda started to ask more questions lately, so I guess I like to be prepared."

"Okay. What about...First World War?"

"That sounds boring" I complain

"Does it have to be interesting too?"

"I guess not. I'll go with your suggestion"

After a couple minutes, Billie pulls into a TacoBell drive through so we can buy something to eat. She tells our order then she drives forward

"Hey baby, can you give me my wallet? I think it's in the glove box" Billie asks as she's driving

"Sure" I open the compartment in front of me, looking for her black wallet but something else catches my eyes. Something you can't avoid or pretend that you didn't see.

I freeze as I look at the black metal object in front of me, unable to get my hand anywhere near it.

"Did you find it?" Billie turns to me, her voice making me startle. She notices the thing I'm staring at and immediately takes the wallet I didn't even notice then closes the compartment.