26

I woke up in an empty bed inside an unfamiliar room but with a very familiar design. Everything around was black and dark.The black velvet curtains were covering the windows making me wonder if the sun was up or the moon was still on the sky.

Trying to move I felt pain in every muscle of my body, followed by a rough headache. I threw my head back on the soft pillow as I tried to remember las night's events. The las thing I remember was the pink haired guy whose name felt like it was buried in the back of my mind.

I looked over to the night stand where my phone was connected to a charger and my other belongings were carefully placed.

As I tried to reach for it, I withdrew my hand as I got scared by the sound of the door. Looking towards it, I saw the last person I was willing to

"Why am I here?" I clench my teeth as Billie walked toward my bed with a glass of water and a pill in her hand.

"Take this. It will help with your headache"

"Are you sure it won't kill me?"  I ask skeptical

She didn't say anything, just placed them on the nightstand then left. I decided to trust her and take the pill as my head was bothering more than my worry.

After about two minutes she came back with some clothes I easily recognised since I used to sleep in them.

"Put these on then come downstairs for breakfast. We need to talk" she said with a blank expression

"Excuse me? I wake up in a random room after a party where I don't even remember what happened and you expect me to do what your ass tells me to?" I stood up then immediately regretted as I felt dizzy.

She rushed to take me by the hand and help me sit down on the bed again.

"Ava, please calm down and listen to me. I promise I'll explain everything once you come downstairs"

"I want the explanation now, Billie" I say as I lean against the headboard. She sighs in annoyance then sits down on the bed.

"What's the last thing you remember from last night?" She has a soft voice and it makes me calm down from my angry state.

"I met this dude with pink hair. I don't remember his name but I think we spent some time together." I explained

"Well...that guy is an ass and I don't know if you remember but you two entered a room together" she says worried. The thought immediately hit me as I realised what she meant.

"Did we..."

"No" Billie interrupted me immediately. "As soon as you two entered the room I rushed after you and knocked him down. He must have drugged you because you fell unconscious to the ground and that's when I decided to take you here"

She was now looking at me worried and I could feel my heart beating fast as I was thinking of what could have happened.

"Thank you...for kinda saving me" I was nervously messing with the duvet because I didn't dare to look at her.

"It's okay. You can get dressed now. I'll wait for you downstairs" I just nodded then she left me in silence. I still couldn't believe what she just told me. Even though I hate her, she saved me without thinking twice. She then brought me to her house and now she's making sure I'm fine. She has a way of making me feel all types of things.

I eventually got out of bed since I couldn't just stay in there.After I took a shower and changed my clothes the headache disappeared too. The bathroom was attached to the room I was in and I found everything I needed to make myself clean.

As I entered the kitchen I found Billie waiting at a table with pancakes and waffles.

"Take a seat" she said as she took a bite from a waffle. "I'm not hungry. I want to go home" I said sitting down

"I'll take you home but you have to eat first. Your body needs food"

I decided to give in and place a pancake on my plate to make her shut up about it.

"I need to call my friends" I say as I suddenly realised that I just left the party and I was supposed to be at Victoria's house , getting ready for school.

"I already did. I told them you went home using your phone. You can tell them what happened but I didn't want them to worry "

She really thought of everything and it kept surprising me. She's always been a calculated person even though she seemed to have a messy life.

"Can I ask you something?" She looks at me after finishing her food. I nodded and took the las bite of my pancake.

"Why were you at the party? I thought your dad didn't allow you to go at those kind of things"

"He still doesn't. But I told him I'll spend the weekend at Victoria's place and we ended up going at the party" I told her then sat up to take myself a glass of water

"And why a party? You're not the kind of party person" her questions seemed unusual to me. It was like she wanted to know something specific and it kinda scared me, so I chose not to tell her the truth.

"I just felt like it. People can change their mind. You know?" She seemed disappointed of my answer but I didn't care. What happened at that hotel had to stay between my friends and I and the fact that Ray found out about it was kinda aggravating, but at leas he gave us some information.

It was not the kind of thing I wanted to hear but at least it was something that could lead to something else that may help me dig until I find an explanation.

"Can you take me home now?" I asked Billie after getting out of my thoughts

"No. I'll take you to school because it's safer. Take your stuff from upstairs"

~time skip~

"If the school calls my parents again, I'm screwed. I already missed three classes" I complain in Billie's car

"It's not my fault the traffic is like that. I try to go as fast as I can" She tells me as she's also concentrating on the road.

"I know. But I'm stressed out. My life has been hell lately and my parents making it harder wouldn't help" I sigh . Billie and I looked at each other for a split second and I saw something I couldn't believe I could see. It was guilt.

She seemed guilty of something and I had a vague idea of where it was coming from. She was biting her inner cheek and she became silent.

None of us said anything for the rest of the ride until she parked in the school's parking lot.

"Ava" she grabbed my arm before I could get out of the car.

"I know things ended bad between us, but life can be hard sometimes and you can't talk to your parents about everything. If you ever feel like you're in danger or something like that, please call me. I know you don't believe me, but I don't want anything bad to happen to you"

Her words took me by surprise and I just nodded because I couldn't say anything else. After getting out of the car I thought about how I should have thanked her. I should have asked more questions but I just run from her.

Why would she save me when she said she doesn't want anything between us anymore. This weekend was maybe one of the craziest in my life.