11

"This is gonna be the last time I'm doing this. I almost got caught" I say as I get inside Billie's car. Last week I skipped like three times and this week started the same.

Every time we saw each other, she took me to her place and we "watched a movie". Luckily, nobody noticed how tired I was when I got back home.

"You don't want to see me?" She looks at me frowning her eyes and to be honest, she didn't seem like she was joking.

"Of course I do, baby. I just can't keep doing this. Last week, one of my teachers said they're gonna call my parents and I really don't want that right now" I tried to explain

"Then how else are we supposed to see each other? I really miss you when you're not around" she placed her hand on my thigh

"We'll figure something out Bil, don't worry"

She pulled into the Taco Bell's parking lot, stopping the engine then coming out of her car to open the door for me.

"Thank you mam" I said taking her hand

We decided to have some food then go on a little hike after. We were supposed to do it last week but she blamed my tight shirt as the reason of the plans change.

I sat down at a table while she took our order. While waiting for her, a call from my dad surprised me. He's never calling me while I'm at school unless it's really something important. It took me too long to decide whether to answer or not because my phone stopped ringing.

"Are you okay?" Billie sat down across from me, placing the food down.

"Yeah. Just my dad. Maybe he butt dialled me" I took my food and unpacked it.

"See? Those parents are pain in the ass. You should really try what I've been suggesting you"

Billie is insisting more and more on leaving. It doesn't sound like a joke to her anymore and I'm scared that she'll wanna leave LA and I'll have to stay.

She wants me to go with her and tell my parents not to come after me. The idea sounds fun but also crazy. I've tried explaining to her that I CANNOT LEAVE, but she won't listen. I hope she'll eventually stop.

"Are you even listening to me?" She snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"Wha- yeah. I just felt some weird taste but I guess it was just in my head"

"It was in your head for sure. The food in here is always-" but she didn't get to continue her sentence as she got interrupted by a male voice I know very well

"Ava? What are you doing here?"

Looking behind, I saw him standing there, looking at us.

"Umm...hi, dad" I waved awkwardly, trying to avoid any scene.

"Why aren't you at school? And who are you?" He asked pointing at Billie.

My heart was beating so fast that I was able to actually hear it. It felt like I was suffocating. He seemed angry as hell. His face was redder than any other time I was late home and his fists were ready to fight.

"Dad, let me explain. Billie and I-"

"So that's your name?"

"Sir, let's just have a talk" Billie sat up, looking him in the eyes.

"Fine. Ava, I parked outside. Wait for me in the car" my dad says without looking at me.

"But why can't I stay here?"

"I said, GO!"

Without wasting any other second, I stood up rushed out of the building, looking behind after every few steps. Honestly, I was scared. I know my dad wouldn't hurt Billie, it's not even her fault that I'm not in school.