30

A/n: this one is a little longer too

"Morning " I say as I sit at the kitchen counter next to April to eat my breakfast. My dad prepared pancakes for us since he leaves later today.

"Ava, I called your aunt" he said  as he sat down next to me. "She said you can drop the car today after seven because she has some things to do until then" he informed

"Okay, thanks dad" I said quietly because I knew I put him in a weird position. I put myself too, to be honest. I could have just stopped driving the car and let it stay in our driveway. But that still meant seeing it everyday.

~time skip~

Today has been pretty chill. David sat with us during lunch break since Zack insisted. Tomorrow Zack will stay with his friends. I think it's cute.

I'm currently driving to my aunt's house to give her the car. I'm honestly nervous because I don't know what I should tell her. I hate lying to her but I could not in a million years tell her the truth.

I parked the car maybe for the last time and got out of it then locked it. I rang the doorbell and she immediately opened the door smiling.

"Hi dear" she said hugging me. I held her tight, then she invited me inside. We sat in her living room, where she already had prepared two cups of tea.

"How are you doing?" She asked as she brought some biscuits too.

"I'm good. Life is taking turns right now, but I'm good. How are you?" I took the cup from the table to drink.

"Oh dear, I totally understand. This years of life come with challenges, but you'll make it through, don't worry" she said smiling "I'm also doing good. Yesterday I visited a dog shelter and I'm preparing to adopt a cute baby dog. I can't wait to see him jumping around" she said laughing

It made me happy seeing her smiling. This woman is the definition of powerful. "That's awesome. Does he have a name?" I asked excited

"Not yet, but I'll have to find one. I'll let you know once I find it" she said, then took another sip. I was stressed out the whole time, but I decided to just say it.

"So, I brought the...car" I said as I placed the car keys on the coffee table. I won't lie, her smile seemed to disappear a little, but she didn't seem mad.

"Oh dear, I totally forgot about that. What made you change your mind?" She asked as she looked at me

"I...was afraid of any accidents. Driving it every day, I realised it was maybe too much for me. It's a powerful car and also expensive. I'm not the right driver for it" I said trying to sound convincing. I hope I wasn't as bad at lying as the last time.

To be honest, I loved the car. The adrenaline I was getting every time I was hearing the loud engine and feeling the speed was getting me in cloud nine.

"I get it. That's one of the reasons I didn't want to drive it myself in the first place. I'll park it in the garage then I'll start thinking what to do with it" she said smiling, but her smile had something hidden in it just like my dad's had. Sometimes it's so obvious that they're siblings.

We kept talking about random things for about three hours, then I decided to leave since it was already dark outside.

"I could drive you home. It's dangerous to walk on the street like that" my aunt insisted.

"It's fine. The house isn't that far" I said standing at the door. I didn't want to make her drive me home since we were in the same neighbourhood anyway. The two houses were really not that far.

"Okay dear, but please call me if anything." She placed her hand on my arm. I nodded and we said our goodbyes then I left.

Cars were passing by from time to time as I was walking down the street. It wasn't necessary known as a dangerous area but it was still in LA.