34

I woke up with the feeling of soft kisses planted on my shoulders and along my collarbones. Billie's strong vanilla scent was the second thing I felt as soon as I inhaled air in my lungs.

Last night I was half asleep while Billie and I took a bath together. Nothing happened during that because my head was constantly falling back on her shoulder and I was also too sore for another round.

When I opened my eyes I was met with a smiling Billie laying next to me fully dressed. I was still naked under the covers but I was warm anyway.

"What would your friend say if he finds out what you've done in his house?" I asked giggling

"I think he was expecting us to do this already. Plus, this room is kinda mine. I always sleep in here when I come over. The one he and his girlfriend are using is the one across the hallway" she explained

"That's good to hear" I said feeling even better knowing that Billie is the one usually sleeping in this bed.

"Get dressed. I made pancakes " she said then she stood up and left the room.

We spent the rest of the day inside, sleeping and cuddling while watching The Office episodes. I still couldn't take my mind off the fact that she loved me and she shared those feelings for me.

We didn't talk about it but it was enough for me to know. I knew she needed time and I wasn't gonna rush her.

After she dropped me at Victoria's place, of course I had to tell her everything that happened and she was very happy for us.

~time skip~

"Come over then" Billie said excited through the phone. A week has passed since we've spent the weekend together and I've only seen her once because she visited me in the school's parking lot.

I honestly missed her so much but I couldn't visit her. I was scared of my parents. She kept saying that she was sure my dad wouldn't mind but I figured she just forgot what happened when he found out I was with her.

"I can't, Billie" I say, a sigh living my lips. Today my parents are very busy with work stuff and won't be home until later tonight. It's not the kind of Saturday  I like to have but it's all I got. I have to stay home with April and take care of each other.

"Why not?" She asked me as soon as I told her I couldn't

"Because I have to stay home with April. I can't leave her alone" I explained

"Then bring her too. Or I'll come over if it's easier for you" she said as if it was nothing, but for me, it meant breaking a promise. I promised myself that I won't let Billie anywhere near my sister until I get to know everything I need to make sure she's someone safe. I trust Billie, but there are still so many puzzles pieces I didn't get to see yet.

"I can't, Billie" I said again sternly

"Why not? You said she already knows about us" She asked confused and somehow innocent.

"Because...I don't want you near Ava" I admitted quietly. It kinda hurt me to say those words, knowing that it might upset her. She stood in silence for a moment and even though I couldn't see her face, I knew she wasn't her usual smily one.

"But...we could just watch a movie. We don't have to talk or anything. I'll be-"

"I sad no, Billie" I interrupted her because I couldn't listen to her hurtful voice. "I can't do that. I love you, but I love my sister too. She means a lot for me and I know you can't really understand because you don't have siblings, but you have to at least try to. She is my little sister and- " but I didn't get to finish my sentence as she just hung up.