12

"Okay, ready to go?" I asked April as I watched her put on her seatbelt.

"Ready"

Today I had to drive ourselves to school because mom and dad had to leave early again. We're currently in our mom's car because mine hasn't been repaired yet. Old junk I guess.

"Are you sad?" April asks out of nowhere after a moment of silence

"No. Why would you say that?"

"Because you barely said anything yesterday during the dinner and after you came from school, you only sat in your room and closed the door"

Well, she's really good at seeing things.

"It's just a little argument between dad and I. Don't worry" I pat  her shoulder then place my hand back on the steering wheel.

"Is it because of Billie?" I really hate how good she is at noticing stuff

"I-why would you say that?" I asked curious

"I've heard mom and dad saying her name. I couldn't catch the whole conversation but I'm sure they said her name"

I would love to say that it's not because of Billie, but it would be a huge lie. It's not only yesterday's event that's been on my mind, but also the fact that she hasn't answered my texts yet. What if dad said something that really upset her?

"It is about Billie but don't worry about it. We'll figure it out"  I smiled at her and she did the same.

After I dropped her off, I drove towards my school, a place I couldn't wait to get out of.

~time skip~

"Today you have to pick a partner and answer a couple of questions on your opinion about a book you both have read. You have to be done by the end of this lesson. You can start now" the english teacher told us.

I honestly love this class. Not only that Vic is in it too, but I also get to do nothing the whole time. We pair all the time and talk shit instead of doing the work or we do it fast, then talk.

"So, why you mad?" She asked as soon as she came closer to me

"Is it that obvious?" I sighed

"Girl, don't even ask. What happened?"

"Dad found out that I've been skipping classes and I think he followed me or something. He appeared out of nowhere when Billie and I were at Taco Bell" I whispered, careful not to be heard by the others

"Duude. That's horrible. What did you do after?"

"Well, he made me leave while he spoke I don't know what to Billie. He told me to stay away from her and the cherry on top of the cake, Billie is not answering my text messages now"

She was now making the face that you make when you see a random video of a dude landing on something and hitting his dick.

"That's fucked up. He's treating you like a child"

"Right? He said that she's fucking dangerous and shit. I mean, come on. She's vegan and she wouldn't even let me kill a spider . He's for sure just trying to make me think that she's the bad guy"

Victoria seemed like she wasn't totally on the same page with me, which surprised me

"What?" I asked

"Well, Ray kinda...he just tried to be nice...he told me to tell you to try to stay away from Billie" she said rushing the last part

"What? Why?"

"I don't know Ava. Ray is not telling me anything and I'm not going to ask either. He just wants me to stay away from you while Billie is around"