43

Omniscient POV

"How much time we have to get this ready?" The ginger haired asked as he was checking if the pool was filled.

"I was supposed to pick her up from school, but she sent me an unexpected text. She said she has something to do at home and she'll get an uber here when she's done" Billie explained to his brother

"So basically enough time" Finneas commented after  his sister finished.

"What made you take this decision?" The man asked walking towards his sister.

"I always wanted her to be mine, Finneas. You have no idea how bad I was feeling every time she had to present me as her friend. I was an asshole and I was also scared. Yesterday I realised that she means too much for me to continue this. I'm gonna tell her the truth and if she still loves me after, I'll ask her to be my girlfriend" Billie said as she was arranging the chairs.

"And what if she won't accept the truth?" The brother asked slightly concerned

"Honestly, I don't wanna imagine that. I'll try to explain her that I'm a different person. I think she noticed too the fact that she changed me into better."

"And what about your boss?"

"That's one of the many reasons I'll tell her everything. If she knows, I could tell her what to stay away from"

"That's your plan?" Finneas asked face slapping himself

"Actually, it really sounds bad. But I'm sure we'll find something. Together."

Ava's POV

"Thank you again for everything, Travis. I would have been lost without you" I said as we were getting closer to my house.

"Anytime. It was kind of a challenge. He had some crazy softwares installed and made my job harder, but I managed my way around. I unlocked it and changed the password to one two three four, just so you know" he said laughing. I smiled too, then asked him something that came to my mind

"Were you able to see the old password?"

"Yes. It was a girl's name, Phoebe Brooks or something" he said seeming confused, but I immediately understood.

I looked ahead and noticed that we arrived. I took my stuff, including Noah's laptop, then opened the car's door.

"Thanks again. See you tomorrow" I said to my friend as I got out of his car

"You're welcome. Bye!"

After he was gone, I rushed to the house then upstairs to my room. I couldn't wait any other second, plus I had to take it back to Billie's place after.

I opened it and plugged the charger to make sure I wasn't gonna get out of battery. I didn't even connect it to the internet as I immediately started looking through the folders.

He had music, video games and a bunch of pictures. I even found some of the two of us. As I looked in a folder of pictures, I found a document named 'names'. When I opened it, I didn't get too surprised to see a copy of the papers I found in his car a while ago.

This one had one more list though. It contained a bunch of people and what looked like their phone numbers. Billie's name was there too, which again, didn't surprise me. I just wandered who were those people for Noah.

I got out of the folder since nothing new was in there, then continued searching. I felt like I was going through the same process as last night, but virtually.

As I looked through every kind of file, a certain folder caught my attention. It was named after his sister, and that's how I knew it must have been what I needed.