31

Waking up, I look around and realise I'm in this room for the second time in my life. This time, Billie was next to me, doing nothing but looking at me. When I completely opened my eyes, a bright smile appeared on her face

"Weirdo" I said as I shifted my body to face her

"I can't look at your beautiful face now?" She asked and I felt my cheeks immediately getting hot. Without any warning, she leaned in and placed a soft kiss on my lips, just enough to completely wake me up by sending shivers down my body.

"Did you sleep well?" She asked as she took my hand in hers.

"It was the best sleep in a very long time" I admitted

"Same for me" she said smiling. We sat in silence for a moment then I moved my eyes on her body "When did you change your clothes?" I asked as I noticed that she was wearing something else than last night.

"I had some things to do. But don't worry, it was nothing big"  she said, the smile on her face disappearing

"Can I ask you something?" I looked at her

"Sure. I can't promise to answer, but I can listen"

"When I bumped into you, why did you kiss me?" I asked smirking because I felt butterflies just thinking of it. A bright smile appeared on her face as she moved her body closer to mine

"First of, I panicked because I knew you were gonna scream like hell. That was the first thing that came to my mind" she kissed the back of my hand, then she continued "And second, seeing  you were fine pushed me to do it because the whole time I was thinking how I wouldn't have forgiven myself if something happened to you"

She leaned in for another kiss, this time a longer one, but we broke it before it would go too far.

"Go get ready. I'll prepare breakfast while you do it" she said then she sat up and left the room. I couldn't believe this was happening .

After eating, we decided that she should drop me home. Even though it was hard and I wish we stayed more together, my parents would have suspected something.

She's driving me home and she'll drop me off so my parents won't see her car.

"Can I ask you something?" Billie said turning the music volume lower

"Sure"

"What does your dad do. I mean his job" she asked serious

"He's a detective. He just got promoted. Why?" I asked thoughtfully

"Just wanted to know" she shrugged then turned the volume up again.

Her question really got me thinking. Why would she wanna know that? Did she have problems with the police or something? Now I was getting concerned.

After she dropped me off, I went home, where I found my family doing random stuff around the house. Nobody seemed to suspect anything which meant I was safe.

~time skip~

It's been a week since the gas station incident and the relationship between Billie and I has completely changed. We've met three times since then and every time things were getting better.

Yesterday, she convinced me to tell my dad that I was going to Victoria's place, just so she could take me out for dinner. It was the first time that happened.

She brought me flowers and she said it was fine if I leave them at her place only if I promised to visit them. I know she wasn't really talking about the flowers, but I agreed. I couldn't take them home because it would have been suspicious.

"Ava, you're daydreaming" my mom says as she cuts the vegetables. I was pealing some potatoes while I probably zoned out.

"That's not true" I tried to protest but I knew it wasn't credible

"Say what you want but I'm your mother. I know you better than you think" she said. Why are all the people in this family able to read me so easily?

"Is there someone new you might wanna tell me about?" She asked smirking.

"No, mom. There's nobody new" I said truthfully. Billie wasn't new.

"Then it's either someone I met before, or the person I wish I did" she said more thoughtfully this time

"What do you mean by someone you wish you wish you did?" I asked her curious. I knew it could have gone wrong really quickly, but I still wanted to know if she was really talking about Billie.

"Don't act like you don't know. I wanted to meet Billie since the first day I felt something was going on in my daughter's heart. I wanted to make my own impression about her, not just the one your dad made me" she said as she was chopping vegetables. "You know your dad tends to see the worst in people sometimes. It's also because of his job, but it's hard sometimes when he forgets to make the difference." She said as she dropped the knife.

I honestly never thought about what my mom might think of Billie if she really knew her. I always felt like she was agreeing with dad. Now I really wish to know what she'd think of her if they ever meet.

I sat in silence because I didn't know what to say. I couldn't tell her the truth. I was scared. But that doesn't mean I won't be thinking of telling her.