14

After such a great night, of course I had to have a horrible day. Luckily, Billie brought me back home early in the morning, just in time. Mom and dad woke up  half an hour after I arrived.

The bad side of this was my lack of sleep. I almost fell asleep during my algebra class and during chemistry, I almost burned myself.

I was so scared of driving us to school and back, we both got late to school because I was driving too slow . If I made an accident and something happened to me it wouldn't be a problem. But if something happened to April because of me, I wouldn't forgive myself

"You seem kinda tired" April pointed towards the black circles underneath my eyes as I parked the car

"I am actually. I didn't sleep so well last night. I'll go get some"

"You better do"

As we got to our front door, I opened my bag to look for the keys

"What is this?" April lifted a white envelope with my name on it

"Let me see"

As I took it, I noticed there was nothing else on it, except my name, which meant that someone left it in front of our door. But more interesting were the teeth marks from it, which seemed to be some made by an animal.

"What's inside?" April asked curious

"I- I'm not sure. We'll see" I finally found the keys and opened the door then rushed upstairs. I wasn't gonna open the envelope in front of April. It could have been anything inside.

I'll open it in my room then find a credible lie for my innocent sister.

I sat down on my bed then inspected the white object on both sides. Nothing except my name. When I opened it, all I could find inside was a piece of paper with big uppercase letters

"STAY AWAY FROM BILLIE!"

What the fuck? Who, and why would someone leave this for me? There were so many people in my mind who could have done this shit. People like Victoria, Ray or even my parents. Maybe some crazy ex-girlfriend of Billie's could have done this too.

The first thing I could have done was to check the video camera. Luckily for me, it's connected to mom's laptop which I know the password for. If it was dad's, it would have been impossible to unlock

After opening the app for the device, I scrolled back until I saw movement in front of our door. At about ten a.m, something appeared in front of our door, but it wasn't really what I wanted it to be.

An orange pitbull with an envelope in his, or maybe her mouth appeared wiggling their tail. After dropping it at our door, the dog run away in the same direction that came from.

The video resolution wasn't good enough to read anything from the dog's collar which left me with no other information. Whoever did this, was a smart person with a smart dog.

And also a very cute one.

I don't think my parents would have done it. They wouldn't search for a dog just for this kind of thing. Victoria doesn't like dogs since one killed her cat when she was ten so the only option left in my mind was Ray. Or a crazy ex of Billie's, but that's kinda too far.

"Soo...what was inside that letter?" April made me startle, appearing out of nowhere

"Oh my god! You scared me."

"Sorry. I was curious"

"It was...a love letter from Billie" I swear it was the only thing that came to my mind