18

"Did you really meant it when you said you aren't gonna see Billie anymore?" April asked me out of nowhere.

"I-I didn't really said her name yesterday." I tried to be as truthful with her as possible. Today was the last day of driving her to school. I don't know when I'm gonna come back, but when I will, she might be a teenager.

"Then what did you meant? And why do you seem so nervous? Do you have any important project for school?" Her innocent curiosity always amused me.

"It's something important, but not about school"

"It's about Billie?" She took me by surprise but to be honest, I was the one who gave her hints in the first place

"Can I trust you?" I asked to be sure

"Always. I am your little sister."

"Well, it is about Billie. But you can't tell anyone. At least not yet."

"I won't"

I looked at her as I parked the car in front of her school. I wanted so bad to hug her and tell her I'm gonna miss her. I wanted to assure her I'll be back one day and I also wanted to apologise for leaving. But I couldn't

"April" she turned to me before she put her hand on the door, ready to open it

"I love you"

"I love you too Ava" she smiled to me then she opened the door and left. I thought I've seen her smile fade while she was walking towards the school but maybe it was just my imagination.

~time skip~

I parked in the school's parking lot at a different time than I usually do. I didn't want any student around when Billie arrived.

It's not like I'll be late for a class I'm not going to attend anyway. I never took in consideration the school when I decided to leave. I don't give a fuck about it. At least not anymore.

The reason I still came to school today is because I need time. I need this time when they think I'm in school like any other day. My car is next to the school which gives them reasons to believe I'm here.

I left them a letter on the passenger's seat where I explained why I did it and that I'm sorry. I left the words I wanted to tell April this morning.

As Billie advised me, I mentioned multiple times that I don't want them to come after me. I don't want them to try to find me under any circumstances.

I try to reach for the letter to read it for the last time but I'm interrupted by a car engine I've heard a couple times before. Lifting my head, I spot the black urus parked right next to mine.

She rushes out of the car and so do I, feeling as emotions run through my blood more than ever. Am I really doing this? Only now I realise what's going on, when Billie appears next to my door.

"Come on. We don't have much time"

I get out of the car to give her the backpack I use for school which is now stuffed with clothes. Billie said I won't need too many anyways.

As she opens her car's trunk I noticed that it's almost empty. There is a tool box, a hoodie and a bunch of rope. All were randomly placed and now my backpack was a part of the mess.

"You didn't bring clothes?" I asked as she closed the trunk

"I don't need clothes."

She opened the front door for me but before I got in, I made sure I locked Noah's car. My dad has a spare key for it anyway.

Billie got inside the car too and immediately drove away. I was looking behind, imagining how the green mustang will eventually remain alone in the parking lot and how my parents will park next to it, wondering why I didn't drive it back home.