21

"Okay Ava. You might be able to fool the boys, but not me. What's going on?" Victoria came to me as I was walking to my car.

"What are you talking about?"

"You said while we were taking the lunch that you were fine. You seemed off and you still are. I'm no Zack or Travis to believe otherwise"

She was right. I wasn't myself today and I needed to tell someone.

"Fine. Get in. I'll drive you home and tell you on the way"

She got in then on the way to her house I told her about what I confessed to Billie and the way she took it.

"What do you mean? No bitch can tell you how you feel. She stupid or something?" Victoria spoke shocked

"I get you. But Billie lives under different rules"

"Maybe she got scared or something. I mean, you smart and pretty and she knows she doesn't deserve you girl"

Victoria always knows how to put a smile on my face and she just did that now.

"And like...what's gonna happen now? Is it over between us or what?" I asked serious again

"Maybe you should just wait. Definitely don't text or call her. Let her do it first. She was the freak"

"And what if I was actually the one being wrong? Maybe it was too soon for those kind of feelings. Maybe she thinks I am the freak" I felt the stress raising as I was thinking out loud

"Don't you dare. She should have accepted your words more...nicely. And also, people are different and have different emotional systems. I don't think it was too soon. It's been almost two months"

The conversation with my friend helped me calm down and forget about the situation.

After I got home I just did my usual shit and had a small talk with April about random things that happened today. While talking with her I received a text I wasn't expecting to.

Billie
Hey
Can I see you tonight please?

I ignored it for the moment but as soon as April left my room I sent a screenshot of Billie's message to Victoria

Me
What should I do?
Should I go?

Victoria
Girl
I don't know
Do you think she deserves your time?

Me
Maybe she changed her mind or something
What if she realised she made a mistake?

Victoria
There's only one way to find out
But text me if something goes wrong

Me
Ok

I went back to the conversation with Billie and texted her too

Me
Yes

~time skip~

I was looking on my phone, waiting for a text from Billie when I heard a loud car outside. When I looked on the window, I recognised Billie's matte black dodge and immediately started to panic.

I  run downstairs, feeling the way my dad is going to appear full of anger at any moment. I rushed to the car and got in, screaming to Billie to go.

"Couldn't you find a louder car?" I screamed full of frustration

"I only like this one" she said looking at the road

This was the first time seeing Billie driving this car. I've never been inside it. Compared to the others, this one seemed to be somehow different. I couldn't explain it, but the car gave me a different vibe.