47

One year later

"April, have you seen my phone?" I yelled as I was tying my laces.

"I think I've seen it in the kitchen!" She answered from her room.

She's now becoming a teenager but we still get along very well. She's healed and she finally has a normal life. We decided not to tell her who the donor was until she's older. It's better that way. She knows Billie isn't between us anymore, but she doesn't know why.

"Don't forget to say hi to aunt Amber!" My dad yelled from the living room. Of course I wasn't gonna forget.

My parents are the only people who know the whole story. I've showed them the videos and they were shocked, but couldn't do anything about it anymore. Dad said it's better if the truth stays hidden. Aunt Amber needed piece now. She was finally happy.

I got outside, then rushed to the car I'm about to drive for the last time. My aunt kept insisting on giving me Noah's car back and I accepted. I really love it.

But it was time to say goodbye. I was driving to her house to pass the car to someone who deserves to drive it more than I do.

Amelia just got her drivers licenses and she needs a better car. When they recovered all the girls from that bordel, a lot of them had no parents or homes. Aunt amber adopted Amelia and now I basically have a cousin.

She is seventeen and she's been kept captive since she was fifteen. She goes to therapy and does a bunch of activities to help her integrate. She's such a sweet girl.

They know I already have a new car, but don't know where I have it from.

As I arrive, both of them exit the house, their dog following them.

"Ready to take your baby?" I asked holding out the keys for her

"Oh my gosh. You have no idea how nervous I am" she said excited

"Don't be. I know you'll be great for it"

I handed her the keys and as she got inside the car I had a small talk with aunt Amber, then got inside the car too.

"Where to?" She asked as she placed her hands on the steering wheel

"Shopping!" I screamed and we both laughed. We spent the day together and time passed without even realising. It's not the first time this happens.

"Can you drop me a couple streets down? I have to meet someone " I asked her while she was driving me home.

"Sure"

She let me exactly where I needed then left. I walked alone down the streets as I didn't want her to leave me right at my final destination.

I entered the cemetery as a weird feeling embraced me. It's the first time I'm here and memories come to me, playing in my head.

I walk towards the grave of the only person I have ever loved and hated at the same time. Now, both types of emotions are gone. Too much time has passed, and I healed. That's one of the reasons I accepted to do this.

I look at the still new-looking stone where her name was written along with the lines  "The world's a little blurry, or maybe it's my eyes".

I looked at it and wondered if I would have ever forgiven her if she was still alive. I have realised that she actually loved me, but it wasn't enough. I was too  blinded by the pain. Now I barely remember the bad memories. I guess it's my brain who erased them.

"I bet she's so happy to see you here" a masculine voice was heard, coming closer to me. I lifted my head and noticed a certain ginger haired guy.

"You think?" I asked smiling softly

"I'm sure" he said as he gave me a warm hug. After everything that happened, Finneas and I remained friends. I had to confess to him everything I said to Billie before I left her that day, but he wasn't mad. He told me it wasn't my fault and his words were the ones that took away my guilt.

He also told me the reason he was so mean to me the first time we met. He knew what Billie was doing and he tried to protect me. He was the one who made his dog leave me a letter.

He's getting bigger and bigger as an artist and I am so proud of him. I went to a couple of his concerts and Amelia came with me to some of them. We had so much fun.

"Ready to finally take what's yours?" He said as he reached for his pocket

"Not everything, just what I need" I said looking at the two car keys he was holding in his hand.

"It's really great to take it step by step. I'm proud of you" he gave me the keys and I looked at them thoughtfully. Billie left to me everything as she said. I already sold her cars, except one. The car she loved the most and I have the most memories of. The car I'm going to use myself.

"I still don't know if I should sell the house or not" I said looking at him

"It's your decision. I say you keep it until you get older. You'll se what life will bring you" he said as he smiled.

I looked at the grave for one last time, then turned towards him

"Need a ride?" I asked shaking the dodge challenger keys.

He looked at the grave, then nodded his head, refusing my offer.

"I'll order an uber. I didn't get to tell her about the grammy nominations" he blinked at me smiling, then turned his attention back to the stone as I walked away.I kept looking back, seeing his tall figure as he was looking down.

Even if I try to, I could never forget her. Billie was my first real love and the person who completely changed my life. Billie made me laugh and cry and she made me feel like I was on top of the world. Billie took care of me and she still does.

Billie was my girlfriend.

~THE END~