16

"Bro, we both kinda tired of this argument of yours. Can't you just forget everything?" Travis says with his mouth full of food as usual.

Victoria and I are still not talking and the boys are taking turns on who is standing with who at lunch. It's kind nice of them to be honest.

I feel bad for them. I didn't mean to put them through this when I told Victoria how wrong her boyfriend was. Maybe she'll eventually realise that my relationship with Billie can't affect her.

"I'll have to forgive to forget, and that can't happen. I'm sorry Travis, but right now I have other problems on my head"

"Like what?"

"Billie didn't answer my text messages since I sneaked out. That was two days ago. What should I do?"

"Call her" he says casually

"I've tried but she won't answer"

"Then go to her place" he takes a sip of water

"Maybe I'll do it tomorrow if she's really not going to answer"

"Why not today?" A piece of what I think was bread flew out of his mouth

"My dad's home and I'll have to find an excuse of why I'm leaving the house"

"Can't you say you're visiting someone? A friend or something? You have a damn car now"

Even though he's most of the time talking stupid stuff, he actually gave me an idea

"Travis, you're a genius!"

"Am I?" He looked surprised

"I'm going to visit my aunt. Hopefully, my dad is not crazy enough to ask her for how long I've been at her place. I'll just stay there a couple minutes then go to Billie's house."

"It sounds like a plan"

~time skip~

Because dad was at home, he picked up April from school so I didn't have to. I got back in time and all I had to do was tell him I'm just gonna visit my aunt. I hope he's not feeling like coming too

"Hey dad"

"Hey sweetie. How was your day?" He asked as usual

"It was fine but also boring. I'm planning on visiting aunt Amber if it's okay. I want to thank her for the car" 

"That's a great idea. When are you going?"

"I was thinking to go now. Do you think she's free?"

"You know she works from home. I'm sure she is"

I didn't hesitate any longer and after changing my clothes I rushed to the car and drove away. I was excited to see my aunt, but then rush was mostly created by the curiosity towards Billie's behaviour.

I didn't forget the guy telling me about unannounced visits but I couldn't listen to a random I once found at Billie's house. Maybe he was just a rude friend.

~time skip~

"Ava! So good to see you!" My aunt hugged me after she opened the door. She really seemed happy with my presence and I felt good for the choice I made to visit her

"How have you been lately?" She asked me as we sat on the couch in her living room

"Not so good. Some things took a weird turn for me but I'm sure I'll be fine" I placed the coffee cup she gave me on the table. I couldn't refuse her special coffee. She's always measuring the quantities to have exactly the perfect taste.

"I know how awful this life can be sometimes better than anyone, but trust me, you HAVE to find something that brings you joy and that will keep you strong" she put her hand over mine, slightly squeezing it