17

"Can't you stay just a little longer?" Billie whined as I got out of bed

"Billie, I've been here for four hours. I can already smell my dad's questions"

"Then stay here forever. I need someone to make me more tea" she pointed toward the cup.

"I promise I'll try to come tomorrow and make you tea again. Until then, there's enough for today. You're gonna pee yourself if you drink that much"

I leaned in for a kiss, not caring if I catch a cold too.

"Don't forget what you promised" she pointed her finger towards me

"It's crazy how a couple hours ago you barely let me in and now you won't let me go" I giggled

"Shut up"

My heart melted to see her smiling again. When I first saw her today she was grumpy and tired. Now it's like she's almost cured.

"I'm gonna go. Take your medicine and don't skip the sleep"

"Okaaay. Bye baby"

"Bye" I closed the door to her room then left.

I wish I could stay more. I wish my dad liked Billie and accepted her for who she really is.

~time skip~

When I got inside, I found my dad sitting at the dinner table and my mom in the kitchen, washing the dishes. I assumed they already had the dinner.

"Hi" I said quietly then I went upstairs past them, praying that I'll be left alone and everything will be fine. I wasn't hungry anyway because I had some soup too with Billie.

Just when I was about to close my door, I felt a force pushing it from the other side. It was my dad's hand.

"How was your visit? he closed the door and stepped to the middle of the room

"It was fun. Auntie Amber seemed happy about it" I was looking through my closet to find some clothes to sleep in.

"I'm glad to hear. What about the person you visited in Beverly Hills?"

I'm screwed

"What do you mean?" I was still looking through my clothes, trying to avoid eye contact

"You know what I mean. I'm pretty sure none of your school friends leave there but I know one person who might. Why do you keep seeing her even if I told you not to?" Now he changed his tone

"Seeing who?" I tried to play fool. Bad decision

"BILLIE! You were at her place today and don't tell otherwise Ava. I'm trying my best to protect you, but how could I when you don't listen?" He was now screaming

"I can't believe you're tracking me. Where is it? In the car? That's why you wanted me to use it? To control me?" I was now using the same tone

"I decided to use that device in case the car is stolen. I meant only well but when I called Amber to see if you were still there, I knew something was going on"

I hate how he finds an excuse for everything, trying to put himself in a good position.

"Okay, I was at Billie's this whole time. So what? What are you gonna do? Take my phone? Keep me hostage?" We were now face to face

"I know it's not a normal thing to control your life like when you were little, but you are still my child and I still love you. I'm not gonna stop from protecting you till the day I die, even if that's gonna make you hate me"

I didn't want his words to affect me, but it happened. I knew deep down that he was right but in that moment, the anger was stronger. The urge to be mad was more important than understanding his point of view.