40

"What did you say to Billie?" Victoria asked as she was driving

"I told her I'm going at the hospital. I hate to lie to her but I don't want her to know about this"

Victoria offered to drive me to Theo's place since it wasn't too far from the school.

"What are you looking for?" She asked amused.

"Today I didn't see any car following me. I think dad gave up on that. I'm not sure if it's about him trusting Billie or he just doesn't care anymore" I explained. She already knows about the argument we had yesterday.

"Maybe he decided to finally give you some freedom" she suggested.

"Maybe"

We finally arrived at a two-story house with two cars parked in the driveway, one of them a dark blue chevrolet camaro.

"This is it I guess" I said as I started to feel anxious

"You sure?"

"Yeah. I recognised the car" I say as I open the passenger door

"Do you want me to come with you?" Victoria offered

"It's okay. Something tells me I can trust him. Thanks for the ride"

"You're welcome. Take care!" She said then I closed the door. She drove away, leaving me alone, facing something I wasn't completely ready for.

I rang the bell about two times, then the door opened, revealing no other than Theo. He was taller than I remember and he definitely put on some muscle. I saw him at the funeral, but back then I was in too much pain to analyse him.

"Yooo, come in" he greeted me with a big smile, then stepped to the side to allow me in. The house was a decent one. Things were at their place and everything seemed so clean.

"I live with my parents. I'll move out soon with my girlfriend but we have to find a house first" he informed, leading me towards the living room.

"We can talk here. It's just me at home. Do you want something? Maybe some orange juice or cookies?" He offered.

"Just a glass of water" I said. He nodded and left to where I assume was the kitchen. Some scary thoughts travelled my mind as I realised I'm alone with him. What if he was one of those guys Billie told me about, just like Noah?

"So, what's up?" He asked smiling. He was a very friendly and welcoming person.

"I'm sorry for appearing like that out of nowhere. David told me he knows you and gave me the phone number" I apologised first

"No problem. If he trusts you, then I do. Plus, I know you since...Noah and I were friends" his smile faded away as he brought him into the discussion.

"Well, he's kinda the reason I'm here. I wanted to ask you some questions" I said not daring to look at him.

He turned his body more towards me and left a deep sigh. "I guess all I can do is answer. What do you want to know?" He asked, this time he wasn't smiling anymore

"Everything. How was he outside of the family? What was he doing? Why did you stop being friends?" I let it all out at once, maybe overwhelming him.

"Listening. I'll tell you what I know, but there are gonna be things you won't like. One thing I'm asking from you, please don't judge me. Trust me, I regret everything and hate myself for that" he shifted in his place agitated.

In my head, I already knew what he was about to say. I expected him to tell me the same things Billie did, but that turned out to be wrong.

"Noah and I met in some fucked up circumstances and that's the first thing you won't like. It's something related to his sister too, so tell me if you want me to stop"