27

I told my friends about what happened at the party and they all started by apologising for leaving me alone.

"It's okay guys. It's none of your fault. I was lucky that Billie helped me though " I said as we were in the cafeteria

"Do you think she still has feelings for you?" Victoria asked

"I don't know, but I'm not gonna forget about what she did to me. She's in the past and she needs to stay there"

"That's the attitude girl" Zack said on a higher tone, making us laugh.

~time skip~

When I got home, mom and dad were already cooking dinner. Victoria had to drive me to her place since I left my car there yesterday and I decided to stay a little longer to do homework together.

"It smells awesome. What is it?" I ask entering the kitchen

"Your sister suggested pasta" mom says placing the plates.

While we were eating, mom asked out of the blue "Robert, have you told them the news?"

"What news?" April asked excited. A big smile appeared on dad's face and he straightened his posture.

"I got a job promotion. Because our boss retired, I officially became the new boss of our detectives department." Dad said proudly

"Congrats dad, that's really cool" I said to him as I was watching the big smiles on each one of their's faces.

I was honestly proud of him and I knew he deserved that. He's always been a hardworking person and he always tried his best. And I'm sure that he always will.

But even though I was happy, something was stuck to the back of my head. What was he going to do now? More power means more responsibility, but also more access.

The access to information about Noah's death could lead him to the truth. But what if one of the keys to the truth was the paper I found in his car?

I knew that by giving it to him, it could help a lot, but I wasn't sure about the way it could affect Noah's image. I don't want to believe that he was related to the guy I called that day, but if he was, I'm not gonna be the one who helped dad find that out.

~time skip~

One week has passed since everything happened and my mind is still spinning around. I tried to find girls with the names on the list on Noah's instagram followers list, but it's hard when I don't have the full names.

Victoria suggested to show it to Ray or my dad but I don't trust neither of them with that. Ray never tells me the whole truth and dad seems really stressed out anyway.

Since he got the new job, he said that he tried to sort things out with the cases they have but he discovered things that made him fire two people. He didn't say anything, but I've heard him and mom talking about someone hiding important evidence in exchange for money.

I feel like I'm betraying him too, but I gotta think more before I do a move. And that's what I've been doing. After a week of thinking, one thing has been constantly in the back of my mind, telling me that it's the best plan. Billie

Her name being on that list made it really hard for me not to think of her. Her words of telling me to call or text her if anything is bothering me were in my mind a lot. I wanted to know something and I wanted that from her. She must have known something and I had to get it out of her.

I texted her two hours ago and I'm still waiting for a text. She's just as hard to reach as always and it doesn't surprise me.

It was around one in the morning when my phone started vibrating. Thank god I keep it on that mode