Chapter 10: Tell Me This Is Fake

⚠️MENTIONS TORTURE AND MENTIONS DEATH⚠️

Sunday, February 22nd at 2:45PM at the Avengers Tower in Manhattan, New York City

May almost drops her phone as soon as she unlocks it. Mj, Betty, Charles, Sally, Cindy, Clint and Nat all look at her confused. They immediately think it's an update from DareDevil but she looks like she just got struck in her heart. Tears are forming at her eyes as she slowly takes her eyes off her phone.

"Was is it?" Nat asks.

"Tangfellow sent a photo of Peter and...oh my god...he's-he's dead" May chokes out the words.

"What?" Clint questions.

May hands him the phone only for his eyes to go wide. He's quick to show the phone to Nat before Mj rips the phone away and sees the photo for herself. Cindy, Charles, Sally and Betty are quick to look over her shoulder, also seeing the image.

"It has to be fake, right?" Mj wonders.

"It looks real" Nat claims.

"But he's Spider-Man. He can't be dead!" Cindy protests.

"Heroes all have their times" Clint shakes his head with tears forming at his eyes as well and thinking back to the heroes he knew who had died.

"We should...I should tell everyone. You all deserve a break. You can pick up later. I just forwarded the email to myself" Nat assures as she hands the phone back to May.

"He can't be dead though, right?" May questions.

"We'll analyze the photo some more but I doubt it. Probably just some twisted plan" Nat states.

"I'll come tell everyone with you" Clint offers while he gets up from his seat.

"Really, just take a few hours for yourselves. We'll update" Nat reassures.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Sunday, February 22nd at 3:02PM at the Avengers Tower in Manhattan, New York City

Everyone had finally made it into the meeting room. Nat and Clint are at the front of the table while Tony, Scott, Happy, Pepper, Rhodey and even the avengers who were supposed to be out patrolling but Nat said it's urgent. Steve, Hope, Bucky and Sam hadn't found anything during their patrol.

"What happened? We were looking for the kids" Steve states.

"That's who we wanted to talk to you all about" Clint speaks up.

"You found something?" Tony questions with wide eyes.

"Did you get their location?" Scott wonders.

"Tangfellow emailed May" Nat starts off with.

"What did the email say?" Sam asks.

"Did she get a threat like everyone else?" Steve wonders.

"When? We were talking earlier today, she would've mentioned something" Pepper tries to recall.

"Wasn't good, was it?" Bucky guesses.

"It's kind of creepy how you always know if somethings good or not" Happy eyes him.

"Can we please let them speak?" Rhodey interrupts.

"Yeah, what did the email say?" Hope asks.

"They sent over a photo of Peter and underneath it they said, 'Guess our session was too much for the little spider. Poor wannabe hero couldn't even survive' and Peter actually does look...dead in it" Nat explains.