Chapter 25: Safe At Last

⚠️DRUGS, MENTIONS RAPE⚠️

Monday, April 13th at 3:10PM at the Avengers tower in Manhattan, New York City

"You can't walk down the stairs like this. You're goin' to fall. At least let me carry you" Harley suggests.

"Go in the elevator with Cassie and Morgan. I'll be fine" Peter waves him off.

"Let me carry you down the stairs. Ned, can you go with them?" Harley asks only for Ned to nod. "See? Ned is goin' to make sure they're alright. Now, let me help you."

"Peter, it's either the stairs or the elevator. Everyone had just left on the elevator so it'll only be me, you and Harley" Nat says the options.

"St-stairs" Peter mumbles.

"Then let either me or Harley carry you. You are not going down the stairs without someone carrying you" Nat tells him.

"I don't need help" Peter argues.

"It's a couple flights of stairs. You're going to fall Pete. Let me at least carry you if you think Harley will fall by carrying you" Nat replies. Peter doesn't reply as he stares at the flights of stairs. "You can hold the spider? I need you to make sure it's ok."

Nat takes out the spider and holds it in front of Peter. Peter slowly grabs it, eyeing Nat as he does so. Once Peter has it in his hands, he nods his head.

"Can I carry you now? You make sure the spider is alright while I carry you down the stairs?" Nat bargains.

Peter looks at the spider to Harley.

"I'll make sure she doesn't pull anythin'" Harley insists.

Peter nods his head before Nat gently picks him up. Peter looks at the spider in his hands as Nat and Harley begins to walk down the stairs.

"Now I want to tell you something before you see them. Whatever they showed you wasn't real Pete. May and Tony are alive. You saw and heard Tony just a few minutes ago and May is probably now in the medbay with him. I know what you saw was hard to see and hard to forget but you need to understand that they're alive" Nat explains.

"They got sh-shot in their heads, immediately k-killed them. They wouldn't let me s-save them" Peter weakly protests.

"It wasn't real but this, this is real Peter. We got you and everyone else out and now you're safe and everyone is alive" Nat assures.

"But it was real" Peter claims.

"I know they might've sounded and looked just like your aunt and Tony but Peter, they're alive. How's the spider doing? You keeping them company? In good hands?" Nat switches the topic.

"Yeah" Peter nods.

"I was thinking of names. I was thinking of Lucifer or Sabrina because you never told me the gender and me and Satan didn't want to know without you telling us" Nat explains.

"She's a girl. I thought I told you" Peter recalls.

"Must've slipped my mind, my bad. I've been keeping her in good hands though, me and Satan. So Sabrina?" Nat questions only for Peter to nod. "Sabrina it is."

"We're here" Harley chimes in as they stop in front of a door.

"Put me down" Peter insists only for Nat to gently do so. Peter hands her Sabrina back which she accepts back.

She puts an arm around Peter while Harley is at his left side, holding up half of Peters weight. Nat slowly opens the door to reveal the chaos of the medbay.

Harley and Nat slowly walk into the medbay floor only to get stopped by Cho.

"We have two rooms set up for you two across from Morgan and Cassie's rooms. Everybody is being helped right now. Follow me" Cho instructs.