Chapter 35: A Step To Healing

Friday, April 17th at 9:12AM at the Avengers tower in Manhattan, New York City

Tony has just been released from his own medbay room and went straight towards Peters room after checking on the others. He doesn't remember why he got knocked out. Rhodey told him that Peter said that someone was behind him and hit something over his head. Peter never saw who and then the next thing he knew, the glass was getting shattered but still, Peter didn't see anybody but a blurred figure for a split second.

Tony opens the door to Peters room to see May reading a book and Peter still asleep. She quickly glances up, puts the book down and gives Tony a small smile.

"How are you?" May asks.

"Fine, Cho released me. How are you and him?" Tony wonders.

"I'm doing good. It took awhile for Peter to finally fall asleep. He was so scared. He didn't get hurt so that's good" May answers.

"Cho said the therapists are coming today and one physiatrist. They're coming after the kids eat their lunch" Tony informs her.

"This isn't going to go smoothly" May sighs.

"Yeah but it'll help him and everyone else" Tony assures.

"How is everyone else?" May asks.

"Everyone is still asleep. Everyone was saying how all the kids took awhile to finally fall asleep. Harrison wants to take Flash home. Jim and Emmet was thinking of it too. They all know what happened so now they don't think the tower is safe. Harley got Friday up and running again before he fell asleep, he even set up new protocols. I don't know what protocols though, Tammy didn't understand his mumbling about it" Tony shrugs.

May catches Peters hand twitch out of the corner of his eye.

"He's starting to wake up. He's worried about you. He thinks it's his fault" May tells him.

"That wasn't his fault" Tony claims.

"He thinks otherwise so I'll leave you two to be. I have to talk to Jada and Cho anyways" May reminds herself.

"Ok, just be careful. Avengers are all patrolling the halls so if you see something, just yell" Tony exclaims.

"Do you need me to bring anything back after I get Peters food?" May asks him.

"Oh, nothing for me. Pep and Cho said I need to stay away from coffee and I'm sure Wanda is cooking or someone" Tony shrugs.

May nods her head before leaving the room. Tony lets out a sigh as he looks at Peter.

"I'm here kid. You're safe" Tony assures. Two seconds goes by when Peters eyes starts to flicker open. "I'm here Roo. You're alright."

"Tony?" Peter whispers.

"I'm here bud" Tony softly smiles.

"But I saw-" Peter begins to say.

"I'm ok. Cho checked me out and I'm all good. Harley fixed Friday and set up new protocols. Nobody is in the tower anymore. They left quickly" Tony assures.

Peter nods his head as a tear slips away from his eyes. He quickly wipes it away but Tony sees it.

"I'm going to protect you Pete. Everyone will. Nobody is going to hurt you" Tony tells him.

"Is everyone else not safe because of me?" Peter asks.

"No, everyone's safe. Don't worry about it, ok? Nobody is going to get hurt. Ross is only testing us" Tony reassures.

"I don't want that therapist to come" Peter whispers.

"How did you know about that?" Tony questions.

"Some nurses were talking in the hall yesterday" Peter mutters.