Chapter 36: Road to Recovery

Friday, April 17th at 12:40PM at the Avengers tower in Manhattan, New York City

"You better not touch Peter or any of them, I swear to god" Harley warns as soon as his therapist comes in but even through his tough facade, she saw him move towards the corner to get further away.

"It's nice too meet you too Harley. I can promise you that nobody is hurting anyone. My name is Doctor Ashley Snof but you can just call me Ashley. Can you please tell me your full name?" Ashley greets.

"I'm not tellin' ya nothin'" Harley states.

"Harley, she's tryin' to help. We discussed this before she walked in" Tammy reminds him as she's the only one besides the therapist in the room.

"That's all right Ms. Keener. Harley, I do need you to tell me your full name so can you please tell me?" Ashley asks.

"Harley Keener" Harley rolls his eyes.

"Thank you. Now, I have a present for you that you can keep. I'll be getting it out of my bag and set it on your bed" Ashley explains as she reaches towards her bag which makes Harley hide a small flinch.

Ashley places a stuffed horse at the edge of his bed. He looks at it before looking at Ashley.

"You can name it whatever you like. It's yours. Do you have a name for it?" Ashley wonders but Harley doesn't respond. "That's ok, I'm sure you'll think of a great name for it. Can you tell me the date?"

"I don't know the date" Harley shrugs.

"That's completely fine. It's April 17th, Friday afternoon" Ashley informs him. "Do you know where you are?"

"Tower, medbay" Harley replies.

"Ok, do you know why you're here?" Ashley asks.

"Because we were kidnapped and got saved" Harley rolls his eyes.

"And now you're here to get better and heal" Ashley adds.

"This is pointless an' stupid" Harley scoffs.

"Don't worry, everyone thinks that but then they soon change their minds. You and Peter are brothers, yes?" Ashley questions.

"Yeah" Harley nods.

"Ok and how about you tell this to him? Tell him exactly what you just told me or even tell Morgan or anyone else what you just told me" Ashley suggests only for Harley to not respond. "It's not pointless Harley. This helps you get better. It takes time and you just got to work with me on this."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Friday, April 17th at 12:41PM at the Avengers tower in Manhattan, New York City

As soon as Ned and his parents had heard the knock at his door, Ned had moved to the corner of his bed. Destiny is off with Ally somewhere while they're stuck doing therapy sessions.

The door opens to reveal a woman. She smiles at him and slowly walks in, shutting the door.

"Hi Ned! My name is Doctor Hailey Lopez but you can call me Hailey. I have a gift for you in my bag. I'm going to pull it out and put it on your bed, ok?" Hailey informs.

Ned doesn't respond as he looks at her. She reaches for her bag and Ned tries his best to not flinch. She pulls out a stuffed turtle. Ned has always liked turtles and even has his own pet turtle at home. He bets his Lola is watching Luke right now. He of course named his turtle after Luke Skywalker.

She sets the stuffed turtle on his bed as he continues to look at her, not moving his gaze.

"You can name it whatever you'd like. It's yours to keep. Do you have a name for it?" Hailey asks.