Chapter 21: The Darkest Cell In The Dungeon

⚠️TORTURE AND MENTIONS OF SEX TRAFFICKING⚠️

Tuesday, March 24th at 5:30PM at the Avengers tower in Manhattan, New York City

"What are we supposed to do? We're the avengers and haven't found the kids yet" Tony points out at dinner time.

"We'll find them" Pepper assures.

"We got possible clues that they're in South Bronx but the Defenders have been searching there and we searched there twice. We don't know where they could be in there" Steve recalls.

"They could be underground" Nat suggests.

"It would make sense. No one checks under the ground" Clint nods.

"DareDevil has enhanced hearing but he can't hear any of them and when we checked, Bucky and I couldn't hear them either" Steve exclaims.

"Soundproof walls" Vision chimes in.

"Then we gotta step up our game" Rhodey informs.

"Don't relay on your hearing, become a ninja. Look at everyone carefully and over again a dozen times. Become one with the spies" Clint smirks.

"Yeah, I think Clint and I should head on over there. You too Bucky" Nat agrees.

"Be one with the ninjas, got it" Bucky nods.

"Ninjas, hilarious!" Thor chuckles.

"Maybe you three could go with the Defenders?" Bruce suggests.

"Oh yeah, I could tell them and get you an address" May states.

"Thanks" Nat thanks.

"Can't you go inside somebodies mind? Why didn't we think of that earlier?" Sam questions.

"It doesn't work like that" Wanda shakes her head.

"But you could go into somebodies mind and feel what they're feeling, right? You can do that right now and see if Peter is alive!" Tony exclaims.

"I can read peoples minds. I could get inside peoples heads by manipulation which allows me to control their mind or even show them a real or fake memory. I can only feel peoples emotions when I go inside their heads by manipulation, I don't have to control anything. My powers are limited though" Wanda explains.

"So can't we take you to South Bronx and you'll be able to feel their emotions from there? Maybe it'll give us a hint" Scott wonders.

"Feeling emotions and where somebody is are two different things. I cannot detect where someone may be" Wanda argues.

"But can you try and feel what Peter is feeling? See if he's...alive?" Mj wonders, recalling Tony's previous question.

"Even if I went to South Bronx, there's a big possibility I can't do that. They could be anywhere and South Bronx is pretty big" Wanda tells her.

"DareDevil got back to my message. I sent over his text" May informs Nat, Clint and Bucky which they all reply with a thanks.

"Why don't we just finish dinner?" Happy suggests.

"Everyone's parents and siblings are getting suspicious, we think. Ally came down again to us and told us how she thinks Spider-Man got the rest of the kids kidnapped" Betty blurts out.

"She also heard Destiny saying how they might've been kidnapped from a...a ummm sex trafficking ring" Charles recalls.

"And how they could all be dead but we...yeah" Sally shrugs off.

"She also thinks the adults are hiding something but we already knew that while ago. She caught on" Cindy adds.

"We already know like three of the kidnappers, Garrison and Francis Klum and William Cross. None of them belongs to that. They deal with drugs and revenge. Wilson Fisk also only does revenge, money and control" Nat reminds them.