Chapter 44: Always Ready To Help

Tuesday, April 21st at 11:38AM at the Avengers tower in Manhattan, New York City

Peter is now in his own room with May, ready for therapy. Sarah Wilson is sitting in front of him in her chair and all Peter wishes is for her to get the hell out.

She's been trying to ask him questions but he ignores each one. May even tried to get him to talk but it didn't work.

Now, May and Sarah are out of his room to talk in private. Nat is currently with Peter since Tony is with Morgan during her therapy session. 

"We can keep trying or give up on therapy all together. It seems like Peter knew where he was but is straight out refusing to give therapy a try again. Not all kids like therapy and I've already tried to make him feel comfortable. There isn't a lot to do" Sarah sighs.

"I understand. He honestly has never liked therapy. I've tried it before and he went to one and never went back. I just thought this would be different" May claims. 

"We can keep trying but I also don't want to push him too much. He's already been forced to do things, I don't want to keep forcing therapy for him" Sarah admits.

"Is there anything else we can try?" May wonders.

"I can try one more thing for today but if he doesn't want to do this, then we can try again tomorrow or whatever he wants" Sarah nods.

"Maybe it'll also help if you're alone with him. If he wants that of course. I just know he doesn't want to say certain things in front of me" May suggests.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Tuesday, April 21st at 11:43AM at the Avengers tower in Manhattan, New York City

Nat had left the room and now it's just May, Sarah and Peter again. Peter is staring at Sarah while she gives him a soft smile.

"Can you tell me what's going on? What you might be thinking in your head?" Sarah asks.

Peter doesn't answer her. He fidgets with his web shooters that are in his hands while his stuffed dog is besides him. His blanket is pulled up to his chest and he doesn't say a word.

"You can tell me anything Peter. If you don't want May to know, she can leave. We can keep this between me and you" Sarah assures. Peter still doesn't answer. "It's ok Peter. You're safe."

"Please leave" Peter whispers.

"Yeah, I can leave. Don't worry" May assures.

"Both" Peter adds.

"Ok, we'll both leave" Sarah nods as her and May gets up and leaves the room.

As soon as the two women leave, Peter wipes away a tear that had just fallen down his face.

"We'll figure something out" Sarah assures May.

"He doesn't want therapy and he doesn't want to talk about it. I don't know how to help him through it" May sighs.

"All you can do is be there for him and help him when he's willing to accept help" Sarah exclaims.

"Is there any way to help him besides that? I mean half the time he still thinks he's there or someone's going to hurt him" May asks, wanting so badly to help her nephew.

"I'll think of some ways but May, I've never been experienced in this area. None of the therapists or even the physiatrist has, not this bad" Sarah admits.

"Thank you for your help" May thanks.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>