Chapter 30: It's Time

⚠️MENTIONS DRUGS⚠️

Wednesday, April 15th at 7:52PM at the Avengers tower in Manhattan, New York City

It was finally time for Morgan, Cassie, Harley, Ned, Abe and Flash to visit Peter. They've been waiting all day. They found it unfair how literally everyone else got to visit him but them. They were stuck on stupid bedrest.

Literally Mj, Sally, Cindy, Betty, Charles, the avengers and the other parents got to see him but them. They found it unfair. They of course understand why May saw him but everyone else? It was like they were messing with them.

But now they're all in Peters room and he's been off into his own world. They all have chairs to sit on, none of them are on his bed, not even Morgan and Cassie.

They know he messed up his knee again. Cho had to wrap it some more when he passed out.

Peter is mindlessly fiddling with his web shooters, staring at the door. They all tried speaking to him only to get either a no response or barely a sentence out of him.

"Petey?" Morgan whispers. "We're safe, aren't we?"

"Yeah, we're safe" Peter nods as he looks at her for a brief second before his eyes lock back at the door.

"Ya, we're at the tower and in the medbay" Harley replies but it's mainly directed at Peter.

"Why don't we put the web shooters away?" Ned suggests only for Peter to hold onto it tighter instead of mindlessly fidgeting with it.

"Incase" Peter responds just like he did with Karen.

"But we're safe now. We don't need a 'incase' because nobody is going to get past Friday" Abe assures.

"Or the avengers" Flash adds.

Peter nods his head.

"We all missed you" Cassie claims.

"I missed you all too" Peter replies.

"Hey, we're all alright Pete. We're safe. You don't need to eye the door" Harley exclaims.

Peter ignores him as he keeps staring at the door.

"I heard that the city is glad to have you back during Mrs. Stark's press conference" Flash brings up.

Peter slowly nods his head as he goes back to fidgeting with his web shooters.

"Do you want something Peter?" Abe wonders but Peter shakes his head no.

"You should rest. You seem tired man" Ned admits.

"No" Peter refuses.

"We'll stay in here" Harley offers.

Peter shakes his head no as he keeps his eyes trained at the door.

"You want us to leave?" Ned asks.

"No" Peter whispers.

The room goes quiet. No one really knowing what to say but it's comfortable silence since they're all used to the silence and being together.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Wednesday, April 15th at 8:34PM at the Avengers tower in Manhattan, New York City

"I think all the kids needs a therapist. None of this is normal and I can see it in them. They may believe that they're here but there is still fear that they aren't. I know you all noticed them glancing at the doors and windows. I know it's not my place but it is my duty to inform you of things like this. I've dealt with older people being kidnapped, they're kids. Just take it into consideration" Cho tells May, Tony, Pepper, Maggie, Jim, Scott, Tammy, Jada, Marcel, Rosie, Harrison and Emmet.