Reincarnation

Tokyo.
3 P.M
Satoru Mikami POV.

Just another day...

Cars go around the streets at moderate speeds, people are moving left and right from area to area on the pathways.

The roads are busy, and so are the pathways. Some are going to malls, some to cafeterias...

And I myself am going somewhere, which I forgot.

Being a salaryman isn't too bad if I'm being honest. I just need to work around... More then 8 hours a day I guess.

I'm just your typical japanese man who grew up in a normal house hold.

Although, I wouldn't say I was your typical child...

I've always been called... Strange? Yes, strange by others. Even my own parents.

I don't have much memories to be honest...

One thing I do remember is that my mother told that I didn't cry like other babies when I was born. Another is that unlike any other child that was born back then...

I didn't feel joy like other children.

I wasn't playful like the other children.

I wasn't excited over the slightest thing like other children.

Mere toys that children loved to play with didn't excite me.

Neither did the adults attempts.

Those weird faces they made... What did they expect me to react with? A shocked and excited face?

My parents could never feel the joy of a child since birth, not when I did not act like one. My mother used to cry about my inability to feel, and my father didn't like my... Lack of emotions.

Yet, why did they still love me?

I will never understand, for they are long gone.

They died in a car accident...

And when they died, I felt nothing at all.

No grief, no sadness, no anger, nothing.

Even when standing Infront of their graves, I kept a blank expression.

Why didn't I feel attachment to these people who gave birth to me and raised me?

Since birth, I have never felt excitement.

Nothing is exciting in this pathetic and cruel world.

It's just work and suffer everyday.

People are greedy, lustful, lazy, prideful, envious, and much more.

They expect nothing from you, and neither should you expect anything from them.

This world is a place where the ones above greedily consume, whilst those beneath suffer and have to live off the leftovers of those above.