Holy Church (P/2)

Holy Church
Unknown Area
Narrators POV

General information

The Empire of Ruberious is vast, it is infact renowned as the Third largest Country worldwide and the Second Largest Human Country. It's defeated in Human population by the Eastern Empire, whilst being defeated in population and land by Sarion and the Eastern Empire again.

It is the theoretical base of operations for the Western Holy Church, acting as the base of their power and activities where most of the Holy Knights and Crusaders gather and obey orders from.

Western Holy Church

So, what is the Western Holy Church you may ask.

Well, to put it simply, the Western Holy Church is a religious institution established throughout the various cities and nations of the world. It is the most widespread religion in the entire world, it's origins expanding nearly a thousand years ago. It is essentially a reference to the authority of the most dominant religion in the entire world.

The Church is influential because it sends out troops that exterminate rampaging monsters in such regions where the local rulers either do not possess any stakes or any interests in them, or simply got no standing army left to deal with it.

Beliefs

It only recognizes One God Ruminas as their sole and absolute deity, not recognizing the existence of any other gods. To believe there is another God in existence rather then Ruminas, is the equivalent of signing a death penalty in their eyes.

Their central dogma is that monsters are evil and should be exterminated, hence the existence of Temple Knights and Crusaders tasked with monster slaying. However, practitioners of other religions were not protected for simply not following Ruminas. However, despite this policy, they have been showing restraint against countries like Sarion and the new Monster Country Tempest, as they are strict orders from their God herself.

However, in truth, the central dogma only exists to unite their followers against a common threat, with Roy Valentin who is a subordinate under Luminous playing the strawman role as a Demon Lord... Although, he wouldn't be needed anymore since Demon Lord Rimuru exists now.

History

The Western Holy Church was an organization formed to promote the Luminous Faith. It's roots date back to nearly 1,000 years ago, it was merely a lowly sub-group under the Holy Emperor's Ministry without a standing army of its own. It lacked military power and influence, but it was still powerful due to the backing of Demon Lord Luminous.

Faith alone could not ensure the safety of missionaries, hence the Holy Emperor’s Ministry made demands to the nations under their protection and formed the Temple Knights. The nations welcomed the idea of a Ministry-funded knight order, and so they agreed to assist. However, disputes began to emerge between Ruberios and other nations, thus the Holy Emperor's Imperial Guards were given the authority to command the Temple Knights.

During the present time, the Church has become much more powerful due to the addition of the Crusaders. Moreover, the role of archon in the Ministry, a position formerly held by the Clerics of the Seven Luminaries, is now given to a selected cardinal from the Church.

Currently, they are on neutral relationships with most countries. They have taken a Hostile stance against the Monster Country Tempest and Twilight Valentine who resides in the West. To top it off, the Giants who inhabit the barren wasteland filled with destructive magicules have proved to be an extremely annoying neighbour.