Ogre Village Incident

Jura Forest
Day time
Third Person
2 days after Rimuru left the village

Hoku: Rimuru-Sama!

Rimuru immediately woke up, taking his head off of the rock he was laying as his eyes shot towards the Direwolf.

He, as a slime, did not require sleep. But, he did invent a method to sleep just to cool his mind down a little.

Hoku appeared to be sweating, as if he has been confronted with a reality that should not have been. Rimuru himself is slightly concerned, but more irritated over the fact that Hoku woke him up.

He shot a small glare towards the wolf, causing it to stiffen up.

Rimuru: What.

He asked roughly, his expression showing a bit of anger.

After all, he was actually having quite a nice dream. The dream was just about to end, and yet...

Hoku just had to appear and wake him up.

Hoku: This is of urgency, Rimuru-Sama!

Ofcourse, unlike Rimuru, Hoku had been sleeping between periods and scouting the surroundings for imminent danger.

He made sure to check each and every corner, to make sure no harm would come to his lord.

Ofcourse, Rimuru would easily be able to sense anyone coming towards him with ill intent... But the wolf still did it anyways.

Hoku: The ogre village-

This caught Rimuru's attention...

The way Hoku was speaking, did something perhaps happen to the Ogre Village...

Were they destroyed? That's the first possibility...

Hoku: They were destroyed! All of them, their settlement is gone and their people are dead!

This immediately caused Rimuru to get up, considering how absurd the news was.

The Ogre Village, the one located in the north, was destroyed...

Ogres are strong, very strong. They are one of the most dominant species in the entire Jura Forest.

These people were not to be messed with no matter what, their power level was too much. Especially the Ogres which were located in the north, they were on a whole another level.

The Ogres in the north used an art known as Ogre Flame, one that could absolutely shread and destroy anyone that dared to go into it. Not to mention the fact that they have one of the best espinoge, war and blacksmithing families.

Their location was near this very village, which is how Rimuru immediately knew that this village was the one that had been destroyed.

Rimuru: Lead the way.

Hoku turned around immediately and began running towards the site, and Rimuru followed suite from behind.

Rimuru began pondering over the possibilities of who wiped out this species.

Based on Shizue's memories, Ogres were a race which were ranked B+ in the adventurers ranking system. The village had about 500 of these ogres, and since you'd need about ten B+ adventurers to take down a single one... That equated to about 5000 B+ rank adventurers required for such a campaign.