The Emerald Forest

Yin and Olivia are walking through the forest.

"So your semblance is 'Tracker' and it lets you see hidden prints left behind by someone or something?" Yin asks. "And even find objects that you've seen before?"

Olivia nods and looks up at Yin. "I was following your footprints for a while. You left quiet a trail behind."

"Huh, interesting." Yin smiles, but then looks off in the distance and gains a slightly worried look.

"Something wrong?" Olivia asks with a hint of nervousness as she changes her bow into a Gladius.

Yin shakes his head. "It's nothing." He looks down at the rabbit Faunus. "Just a feeling that my sister is very, very angry."

"You can feel her emotions, even when you're not with her?" Olivia's rabbit ears twitch.

Yin looks at Olivia and gives her a small smile. "It's just something the two of us have been able to do since we were kids."

"I wish I had siblings to have something like that. I mean I've got my older cousin, but we don't talk that much."

"Eh, sometimes siblings can be a little much." Yin says.

Olivia just hums.

The two walk in silence for a few seconds before Olivia asks a question.

"So what's your semblance?" Olivia asks.

"Well, the damage I take I can dish it back by using my weapon. Making its attacks stronger. I call it 'Inferno'. It's kinda like my sisters." Yin explains.

"Oh, that's cool. Except you have to take pain to dish it back?"

"Yeah, but what's a little pain to take out my enemies faster?"

.

.

.

Up on a cliffside over looking the Emerald Forest, Ozpin standing on the edge and looking down at a tablet in his hand.

Glynda walks over to Ozpin, with a tablet in his hand. "Our last pair has been formed, sir. Yin Xiao Long, and Olivia Viridi. I have no idea how that boy got in with such low test scores, but the girl seems to get along with everyone at least. But I do feel bad for Ms. Nikos."

"Hmmm..." Ozpin hums.

"I don't care what his transcripts say, that Jaune fellow is not ready for this level of combat. I guess we'll find out soon enough." Glynda turns around and walks away. "At their current pace, they should reach the temple within just a few minutes." She stops and looks back at Ozpin. "Speaking of which, what did you use as relics this year?" Ozpin doesn't answer. "...Professor Ozpin?"

Ozpin hums as he watches footage of Ruby and Weiss.

.

.

.

Lapis is walking through the forest with an annoyed look on her face. Following behind Lapis is Wisteria, she's looking around with no emotions showing on her face.

"Do you know where we're going?" Wisteria asks.

"Yes!" Lapis groans. "I saw the temple before I hit the ground.

"But I feel like we're going around in circles."

Lapis groans in annoyance and picks up her pace.

"Are you going to leave me behind?" Wisteria asks as she slightly picks up the pace.

"That was the plan."

Wisteria is slightly taken back. "This is not the proper way to treat your partner."

Lapis stops and turns around and glares at Wisteria. "You are really annoying, you know that!"

"For someone that's the daughter of a Police Commissioner, you have a really bad attitude."

"H-How do you know that?"

"Before coming to Vale, I did research on the town." Wisteria informs. "Like where all the restaurants are, Dust shops, weapon repair shops. I even researched the Police department, and you have the same last name as Commissioner Lac Bleu. Who was divorced a few months after your birth."

Lapis' face grows red in anger. "You bitch! You can't go looking into people's private lives like that!"

"You should calm down, your anger is gonna attract the Grimm."

"Calm down!" Lapis yells. "I am calm!"

Suddenly a few trees go flying as a Deathstalker stomps it's way towards the two.

"Oh, fuck you!" Lapis flips off the Deathstalker.

"I suggest we run." Wisteria says.

"I agree with that."

The two begin to run as the Deathstalker gives chase.

.

.

Yin and Olivia reach the temple and they see Yang and Blake.

"Yang!" Yin yells as he runs towards her.

Yang turns around and smiles when she sees her brother. "Yin!"

Yin reaches Yang and they hug. Olivia walks over to the group.

"Didn't cause too much trouble, right?" Yang asks.

"Do you have so little faith in me?" Yin asks.

"Yeah, kinda."

Yin lightly hits Yang on the arm and they both laugh.

Yin looks at the chess pieces around the temple. "Chess Pieces?" Yin goes over to a white pawn and grabs it.

Suddenly a high pitched scream is heard.

"Some girl's in trouble!" Yang yells.

"I don't think that was a girl." Olivia says and her rabbit ears twitch.

"Did you guy's hear that?" Yang asks.

"How could you not." Yin says as he rubs one of his ears. "I wonder how Lapis is doing."

Olivia looks up and a looks of surprise forms on her face.

"What should we do?" Yang turns around and asks Blake.

"HEADS UP!" A screaming Ruby flies towards the ground.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Leave some comments)

05-11-2023

884 words