Jaunedice, Pt. 2

Doctor Bartholomew Oobleck is in the middle of his hyperactive lecture, educating Weiss, Blake, Pyrrha, Olivia, Lapis and a leaned-back Cardin Winchester directly behind Jaune. Jaune is asleep.

Olivia is sitting next to her cousin while Lapis up sitting up in the back of the class.

"Yes!" Oobleck shouts. "Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution--more popularly known as the Faunus War--" He zooms up to the front of the class and the map covered in papers behind his desk. "--Humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing the Faunus population in Menagerie." He points at the map of said-area with his stick, then zooms off to the side for a sip of his coffee before appearing in front of the desk."

"Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!" Oobleck zooms around the classroom more, sipping his coffee again before continuing to zoom and talk. "Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?"

A few hands raise among the class, then after a few moments of hesitation, Velvet and Olivia raise their hands.

"Dreadful, simply dreadful!" Oobleck says. "Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence!" He sips his coffee. "I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to the White Fang! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorists believe to be the turning point in the third year of the war?" Weiss raises her hand. "Yes?"

"The battle at Fort Castle!" Weiss answers.

Oobleck is back behind his desk. "Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?"

Unseen by the professor, Cardin flicks a paper football at Jaune's head, causing him to wake up. "Hey!" He yells.

Oobleck zooms right over to Jaune, getting in his face. "Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?"

" Uhhhh... The answer... The advantage... that the Faunus..." Jaune looks behind Oobleck's focused face at Pyrrha, who coughs and motions to her lips as she gives him the answer "...had over that guy's stuff..." He sees Pyrrha cup her hands around her eyes and goes for the most obvious answer. "Uhh... Binoculars!"

While Jaune looks pleased with his answer, the class laughs at him and Oobleck, back at the front of the class, sips his coffee. Pyrrha sighs and slaps a hand to her forehead as Cardin pounds his fist on his desk while chortling.

"What a dumbass." Lapis mutters as she rolls her eyes.

"Very funny, Mr. Arc." Oobleck zooms behind his desk. Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!

"Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier." Cardin states.

Oobleck shakes his head in disappointment.

"You're not the most open-minded of individuals, are you, Cardin?" Pyrrha asks as she looks back at him.

"What? You got a problem?" Cardin asks.

"No, I have the answer!" Pyrrha looks back at Doctor Oobleck. "It's night vision. Many Faunus are known to have nearly-perfect sight in the dark."

Cardin growls at the correct response.

Blake then speaks. "General Lagune was inexperienced and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was outmatched, and the General was captured. Perhaps if he'd paid attention in class, he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure."

Cardin gets pissed off.

Lapis smirks. "Now Cardin, if you answered that correctly maybe you would have gotten a treat." Cardin growls and stands up and glares at her. "Now be a good boy and sit for me, and maybe you'll get a treat." She says in a condescending tone.

"Mr. Winchester!" Oobleck shouts. "Please take your seat. Miss, Bleu, please don't atagonise your fellow students." As Jaune laughs at his tormentor's embarrassment, Oobleck zooms up to him. "You two and Mr. Arc can both see me after class for additional readings." He takes a sip of his coffee.

Lapis scoffs and leans back in her seat, and puts her feet up on the desk in front of her. "Bullshit." She mutters.

Jaune's slumps his shoulders. "Oohhh..."

Oobleck zooms away. "Now! Moving on!"

When the lesson ends. Olivia leaves with Velvet and Blake. Pyrrha, Nora and Ren come out of the classroom, only for Pyrrha to stop near the doorway.

"You go on ahead. I'll wait for Jaune." Pyrrha looks back inside the classroom, as Oobleck lectures the Lapis, Cardin and Jaune.

"You two boys have been struggling in my class since day one!" Oobleck states. "But you Miss Bleu do a good job in my class, but you need to work on your attitude. Now, I don't know if it's a lack of interest or just your stubborn nature, but whatever it is." He takes a sip of coffee, then sets his mug down. "It stops now! You've worked hard to gain entrance to this school, and we only accept the best of the best. So! I expect you to act like it. History is important, Lady and gentlemen! If you can't learn from it... you're destined to repeat it. Pages 51 to 91! I want an essay on my desk by next class!"

"Fuuuuuuuuck!" Lapis mutters as she leans her head back.

"Now! Run along." Oobleck out of the class as the three exit.

Jaune comes out first, and Cardin emerges behind him, pushing him to the ground. emitting an "Ow!" from him that makes the bully laugh before walking away.

Pyrrha starts talking to Jaune as Cardin walks away. Only for him to be shoved into a nearby wall by a much shorter Lapis.

"What the-?" Cardin starts.

"Now listen here, little dick!" Lapis growls. "Don't you dare fuck with my teammate or my friends again. That little bunny on my team doesn't need someone messing with her."

Cardin smirks. "Or what?"

Lapis pulls out her knife, Verbena, from under her skirt. "Or I'll cut your dick off." She points it at Cardin's crotch.

" She points it at Cardin's crotch

"Woh! Woh!" Cardin panics. "You know you can't have your weapons in school!"

Lapis smirks. "Does it look like I care?" She puts her knife away and shoves Cardin to the floor. "Now get your little ass out of here and think about what you've done."

Cardin growls as he stands up. "You may have two of the top first years on your team, but I can still kick you ass."

Lapis scoffs. "I'd like to see you try." She gives him the middle finger as she walks away.

"What a bitch..." Cardin mutters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

05-14-2023

113 words