Field Trip

The next day following the Beacon Dance, Ozpin, Ironwood and Glynda are in the Headmaster's office.

"They were here..." Ironwood then raises his voice. "Ozpin, they were here!" He angrily slams his fists against Ozpin's desk.

"We are very much aware of that." Glynda says. "Thank you James."

"Fantastic, you're aware. Now are we going to do something about it or should we just stay the course and continue to ignore what's right in front of us?"

An alert sound plays, signifying that someone has arrived on the elevator.

"Come in." Ozpin calls out as he stands up.

Ruby and Olivia walk out of the elevator and into the room. Olivia has a worried look.

"Ah! Sorry it took so long." Ruby apologizes. "Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the elevator on the way here. ... It wasn't me."

Olivia just glances at Ruby.

"Thank you for coming, Ruby, Olivia." Ozpin starts. "How are you two feeling?"

"A little tired." Olivia states.

"Okay, I guess." Ruby starts. "I'd feel better if my bad-guy catching record wasn't 0 for 3." She gives a slight chuckle.

The three adults just stare at the two teens, silently.

"Okay, so that's the tone we're going for, got it." Ruby meakly says.

"There's so much tension." Olivia mutters.

Ironwood walks over to the two. "Ruby, Olivia, I feel it's appropriate to let you know that I think what you two did last night is exactly what being a Huntress is all about. You recognized a threat. You took action. And you did the very best you could."

"Thank you, sir." Ruby and Olivia respond.

Ozpin speaks up. "Now, the general here has already informed us of the events that... transpired last night. But now that you two have rested, we were wondering if either of you had anything to add."

"Was anyone else with her?" Glynda asks. "Did she look familiar to you at all?"

Olivia shakes her head.

"I..." Ruby sighs. "I don't know. She was wearing a mask, and she never said anything to me. But I know she fought with glass. I don't think that was her Semblance, though. Her clothing lit up whenever she attacked.

"Save for the glass, that sounds like the woman I fought the night we met Ruby." Glynda says.

"Embedding dust into clothing is an age-old technique." Ironwood states. "It could have been anyone."

"Wait, you think this girl is connected to Torchwick and the White Fang?" Ruby asks.

Ozpin puts a hand on his chin. "It's possible. But we still lack the required evidence to link the two together."

Ruby and Olivia glance at each other, before looking back to Ozpin.

Ruby then speaks up. "Actually, I... I think I remember her saying something about a hideout or something... in the Southeast. Just outside the kingdom."

Ozpin smiles. "Interesting."

Glynda grows confused. "I thought you said the intruder never--"

Ozpin steps forward and interrupts Glynda. "Thank you for your cooperation Ruby, Olivia. Why don't you two go and spend some time with your teams? You both have a big day ahead of you."

"Anytime." Ruby turns around.

"Yeah, a-anytime." Olivia turns around.

"And Miss Rose, Miss Viridi, please try and be, discreet about this matter." Ozpin says.