Meteor Rain

Orange Moon

Yunho POV

I can’t tell where the source is. I know I can’t touch her and move her right now just in case it makes it worse. Seonghwa was already on the phone calling the others to tell them to come to the hospital asap. How could this have happened. I didn’t hesitate when I scooped her up as soon as I heard the first shot fired. How did she get hit? It feels like this is entirely my fault. Seeing her blood all over the seat and soaking into her clothes. Tears start falling from my eyes, my vision going blurry. The driver really did step on it and in a matter of minutes we were in front of the hospital. Before the car was even properly parked Seonghwa was already out of the van and running into the emergency coming back with two nurses and a stretcher.
They carefully moved her from the van to the stretcher racing her back inside and pushing her through the doors into the emergency area, moving her into a room and closing the door. I stood in shock as I watched the whole thing happen that Seonghwa had to really shake my arm to get my attention.

*The nurse said that they would take care of her and that we had to sit in the waiting area. The rest of the members should be here soon. Let’s go take a seat okay* - Seonghwa

But I couldn’t move. I was frozen in my spot with tears still falling from my eyes, he ended up just taking me by the hand and guiding me over to the waiting area and gently pushing me down into a seat.

~Back At The Hotel~

Hongjoong POV

Fuck, fuck fuck! What the hell happened. I was doing my best to grab my wallet and phone but my hands were shaking out of pure anger. I ran to the door and quickly put my shoes on

*LETS GO NOW!*

Not a second later the rest of them were there sliding their shoes on and we raced out the door, too impatient to wait for the elevator, we booked shit down the stairs and ran over to the vans where the drivers were waiting for us. Peeling out of the parking lot before the doors had even completely shut.
10 minutes later
Running out of the van into the building and trying to find where the emergency waiting area is, I was standing there getting pissed off trying to read the damn map for where to go when Mingi yelled this way and filed out
I can see Yunho and Seonghwa now, their eyes red from crying, their legs bouncing in place from being anxious. And the second we sat down they told us everything that had happened.

They were both very obviously blaming themselves and we all tried to do our best to reassure them that it wasn’t. They did everything they could to protect her. And I’m already forming a plan in my head right now, this clearly isn’t the place to discuss it though so I’ll just tell them the second we get back to the hotel. No one was leaving right now. God I just hope she’s going to be okay.

Wooyoung POV

It felt like time was moving in slow motion. Each one of us an antsy wreck. Pacing back and forth in the lobby and having to fight the urge to go ask for an update every five minutes. An hour after we’d arrived one of the nurses came over asking to speak with someone in her family. When we all spoke up and saying that were her family the look on her face changed. She said that she wanted to give us an update. Rhea is in surgery and she most likely will be for a couple hours, she had been shot in between some of her ribs and the bullet broke into fragments hitting her liver and kidney, the doctors doing everything they can to save her organs but it was a delicate process.
After she left we all kind of just fell back in our seats again. How could this have happened? How did they manage to find her? They were probably camped out waiting at places they knew she went on a regular basis. The mafia group were trying to save her from, the group were trying to overthrow

1 hour … 2 hours … 3 hours later

Rhea POV

I can’t think properly right now. My brain feels so foggy, my nose scrunching up from smelling cleaner, there’s a slight pain when I move my left arm. What happened to me? I’m getting annoyed because I can hear beeping in every direction from where I am. It’s such a struggle for me to open my eyes but I finally managed. I just stared at the ceiling wondering where I am. I tried to lift my arm up to see why it was hurting, it’s hard for me to move my head right now. A warm hand gently pushing my hand back down beside me

*Careful sweetheart, you can’t move your arm just yet* - Jongho

Finally able to move my head I looked over and saw four of the boys sitting in chairs beside me. And that’s when it slowly clicked in my head, I’m in the hospital right now. I was shot at the bank. Jongho, San, Mingi and Yeosang were all looking at me and I can see the relief in their eyes. My brain won’t communicate properly with my mouth and I couldn’t get out any words, my eyebrows furrowed and I turned my head to the right to see Seonghwa, Hongjoong, Wooyoung and Yunho looking at me too. Yunho and Seonghwas eyes are red and puffy from crying

*Don’t cry my loves. I’m okay* my words were heavily slurred and tears started pouring from my eyes. I never wanted them to worry about me. I still felt so loopy that I immediately passed out again

San POV

*I spoke with the nurse after I finished up in the bathroom. She said that we can take her home, she’s to be on bed rest for the next month and we’ll have to take her for a check up in two weeks. She also gave me a prescription for her, some antibiotics and pain medication*

But the air was still tense. Our girl was hurt and there was nothing we could do about it. At least for right now we’re able to take her home.

Hongjoong POV

*Yeosang, Jongho and San will come with me. We’re going to stay somewhere else tonight. I’ve spoken with Chris and he told me we can stay at one of their hideouts for the night. It’s not safe for us to stay in such public places anymore and we need to protect her. Wooyoung, Yunho, Seonghwa and Mingi will go back and grab all of our stuff and meet us back at the hideout. I’ll send you the coordinates. Let’s move out*

The nurses disconnected her from her machines and took out her IV, she reassured us that it was normal for Rhea to fall back into unconsciousness. She’s still heavily sedated from being in surgery and the nurse was surprised that she’d even woken up even though it was only for a minute. We carefully wheeled her out to the van making sure she was wrapped up in a lot of blankets so she wouldn’t get cold, it was going to be a little tricky now trying to get her into the van. We all had to work together to carefully maneuver her into the van without hurting her. I sat down on the left side of her and carefully took her into my arms while Yeosang did his best to put her seat belt on her.

Driving out of the parking lot, it would take us forty five minutes to get to the hideout. There was absolutely no way we’re flying anywhere tonight. We had planned to just catch the last flight out. Or even see if we could get a private jet to take us to Seattle. I’ll ask San to look into it after were all back at the base.

Yeosang POV

The drive passed by rather fast, before I knew it we were pulling on to a dirt road arriving at a metal gate, the driver punched in the passcode and the gate swung open to this huge house.
As soon as the van stopped I was already out of the front passenger seat opening up the sliding door in the back and very carefully but slowly pulled her into my arms. Jongho running up the path and opening the door, San and Hongjoong on either side of me with their arms held out underneath her.
Walking her through the threshold there was an open staircase on the right, I carried her up the stairs and went into the first bedroom I saw on the right and placed her in the middle of the bed so I could crawl in beside her.
San closed the window drapes and turned on the heat in the room before he flicked the light switch back off. And Jongho crawled in on the other side of her.
*You two stay here and look after her, San and I are going to scope out the house a little more and wait for the others to get here. I’m also going to order us some dinner and then we’re going to talk about our next move. I’ll fill you in after* - Hongjoong

I laid beside her with my elbow propped up and my head in my hand, using my other hand to softly brush the hair out of her face. It’s breaking my heart to see her this way.

*Jongho can you come down here for a moment* - Hongjoong