New home//Max Verstrappen

Prompt: "it's perfect"

———

"You're not going to kill me are you Max?" You find yourself chuckling as Max leads you blindfolded up a gravel walkway.

The smell of earth has surrounded you since you stepped out of the car- a car ride you were also blindfolded in after reaching city limits of Monte Carlo. Anxiety filled your body along with anticipation, you weren't one for surprises and Max knew that.

And yet here you were.

"No" Max says after a snort of laughter. He leans forward as he's guiding you to press a sweet kiss to the back of your head.

Finally he stops when the full front of the house was in view, "okay we're here" Max finally says and helps you take the blindfold from your eyes.

At first your confused when you find yourself standing in front of a large yet homey looking house that must be far from the busy Monte Carlo cityscape.

"Max I don't..." you lead off and look at him confused. Anxiety and worry forces him to take a breath before he looks over to see your expression when he says, "I bought it..."

Your heart rings with heavy emotions as you look at him and then back to the house, "for us?"

He nods and finds himself worrying that he can't read the emotion painted on your face.

Again, anxiety bubbles in his stomach as he waits for your response. But you say nothing as you walk towards the door, the cool metal touches your hand as you pull the door open.

Your breath is stolen at the beautiful interior. Max hurries after you, fear of you not liking his surprise claws at his chest as he watches your blank expression.

"Before you say anything, come here" Max says quickly and grabs your hand gently to guide you towards the back of the house. You can see a large field of green grass and painted flowers litter the lush grounds as he brings you past the glass back doors.

But just when you thought your heart couldn't get heavier, Max opens two large oak doors.

"Oh Max" you mumble softly as you take in the enchanting looking library that fills the walls. Max watches you carefully as you walk around the small but gorgeous library he had created in the room.

"It's for all your books" Max says with a small voice, "and you always said how you wanted a home library"

You turn to look at him, tears brimming your eyes at his remembrance of something you said almost a year ago. Max sees the tears brim your eyes and it sends his mind into overdrive as he over thinks.

"If you don't like it I ca-" he starts and looks down at his shoes before a small force tumbles into him. Your arms wrap around his torso and you dig your head into his chest.

"I love it, i love it," you whisper over and over again before looking up to him, "I love you"

Max feels relief let his shoulders rise without the weight of you not liking it. He sighs and wraps his arms around you as a smile pulls at his lips.

"Oh thank god" he mumbles and you laugh.

"I was so worried you'd hate it" Max reveals. You hold him tighter and stand taller to press a kiss on his cheek that brings a wider smile to his face.

" it's perfect baby, absolutely perfect" you say and can't help but turn around to look at the thoughtfulness poured into the room as Max hugs you from behind.

He presses a kiss to the back of your head again, "I'm glad you love it"

———