When you least expect it//Carlos Sainz Jr

Prompt: "Dont you dare"

———

"Carlos," you drag out his name as you watch him from the float you're laying on, soaking up the Madrid sun on the warm pool day.

"Lo juro por Dios" You warn and point a finger towards him. A wide smile spreads across his face as he lifts his arms up in surrender. [i swear to God]

"mi sol, I haven't even done anything" he says and leans down to mess with Piñón, the dog bounces around his feet while barking.

"I can see you eyeing my floaty" you scoff with a smile still present on your face. Carlos rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

"I promise not to flip you" he teases. You purse your lips and lower your sunglasses to look at him, an unbelieving look on your face.

"I don't believe you" you say simple. It's not because you don't trust Carlos as a whole, but your boyfriend has said numerous times he wouldn't flip you into the water- only for you to end up flying into the water.

He just laughs, "it'll be when you least expect it mi sol" he jokes and tries to come off sounding scary and intimidating.

"Carlos" you drag out his name again, "don't you dare"

Again he holds up his hands in surrender, "do you want anything to drink?" He ask and starts walking towards the kitchen that opens up to the backyard.

You shout out your drink order and lay back as the sounds of your boyfriend and dog retreating into the house fills the air.

It's not long before you hear Piñón barking. Curious you look up just in enough time to see Carlos running your way with a devilish smile on his face.

A squeal escapes your mouth and you shout curses while trying to paddle your float away.

However the attempts are futile when Carlos jumps right on the edge of your float. Because of the force, you're launched into the air only to smack down against the clear pool water.

Even from under the water, you can hear your boyfriends hysteric laughter. As you break the surface and start swimming over to him, your still mumbling incoherent curse words.

You swim up next to him and he welcomes you with his arms stretched out. You wrap your legs around his waist and your arms around his shoulders, choosing to hang off the reason you're in the water rather than tread the water to keep yourself up.

"You're so dead Carlos" you deadpan.

Carlos continues to laugh and place a kiss to your temple.

"Is that a threat to me?" He chuckles and holds you tighter against him. You look off in faux thought, tapping your finger against your chin in thought before turning to him.

"Maybe" You finalize and let go of him to grab your float.

"Flip me again and I'll poison your food Carlos" you shout at him, struggling to not laugh.

Carlos, on the other hand, falls back with laughter as he follows you to swim up next to your float.

"But I give some of my food to Piñón, you would risk him?" He jokes and you both look over to the dog that has now jumped in the pool and is swimming over to his owners.

You purse your lips into a frown again, "I could never hurt him"

"But what about me?" He ask with a teasing smile.

"Piñón doesn't flip me" you shrug your shoulders.

———

Guys I'm so proud of Lando
and Oscar but once again
I've contacted my therapist
bc of Ferrari