Post race hugs//Max Verstappen

Prompt: "I'm so proud of you"

———

Max parked the formula one car behind the designated flag and got out. His heart beats with the euphoric rush of winning another race but it's like he's still in the race with the way his mind zeros in on one thing. However he's not zeroed in on passing the line first.

He wants to find you.

To him it doesn't feel like a real win until you say something to him about it. He doesn't feel as accomplished as he does when he gets a victory hug from you.

So he takes off his helmet and balaclava, his face red and his hair sweaty as he gives half smiles to his pit crew and other pit workers for Red Bull give him pats on the back and tell him he did amazing.

He pushes through the crowd of happy Red Bull workers. He gives thankful looks and smiles to the congratulations but doesn't stop. He doesn't stop until he hears his name get called by you.

A smile immediately curves on his face when he turns and sees you smirking widely at him. He rushes up to you and hugs you in his arms.

You laugh and hug him back just as hard.

"You did amazing" You say and this time Max feels himself believe it. He finds it funny he doesn't believe or care if he did alright until you say something.

He just hugs you tighter against his racing suit covered chest before looking down at you with a wide smile.

"Thank you for being here" he says and it's like a bubble wraps around you both as the voices of other fade and it's just you two looking at each other.

"I wouldn't want to be anywhere but here" you say, you chest filled with pride and adoration of your boyfriend. You love being at his races to support him no matter how the race goes.

You bring your hands to hold his still sweaty and red flushed face, "I'm so proud of you" you say happily and make sure he's looking at you when you say it- though Max never found himself able to take his eyes off you when you were near.

"Thanks" he says and feels himself blush more. The words always feel more sincere when they fall from your mouth.

You giggle at his blushing face and pull him back into a tight hug.

———

Everyone be proud of max
he's an amazing driver (though albeit
too amazing) I just wanna see some
Ferrari in the podium 😓
Also post race Max has got to be the
hottest man alive