Pregnancy//Daniel Riccardo

Prompt: ""Is this real?"

———

"Have you told him yet?" You're sister ask you softly, her tone gentle as shes already aware of your very emotional state. You shake your head despite being on call with her, you let out a sniffle as more tears run down your face.

"No I- I want to do it in person and he's not home yet" you say, your voice wobbling and wavering with every word.

"It'll be okay y/n... I actually think Daniel will be happy. He's always talking about having a whole football team of children with you"

You let out another quiet sob and look down at the positive pregnancy test in your hands, "yeah but not right now, he always talked about it after we got married. We're only just now engaged y/s/n"

Your sister tries to soothe you over the phone, trying her best to help your mood from across the line. But it does little to help as your mind overthinks on overdrive.

What if this isn't actually what he wanted? You think sadly.

What if he wants it but realizes he doesn't want it with me? The thought leaves you with even more tears.

"It's okay y/n, no matter what happens I'm here and I think so will Daniel. That man is so in love with you" your sisters words help but not as much as either of you would like.

Suddenly the lock turns, causing you say good bye to your sister. She says again everything will be okay and to just breath before hanging up.

The sound of Daniels cheerful voice fills the apartment. You look down at the test again, a sign of what's to come- positively or negatively you have no idea.

"Y/n?" You look up with wide eyes when you hear him music clearer. He's standing in the doorway of the living room, his brows furrowed when he sees his fiancée sitting on the couch with tear stained cheeks and red rimmed eyes.

"Hey Danny" is all you can mumble out sadly. That sends him into a rush.

He quickly strides over, "babe what's wrong?"

Your hands cover the test from his view unknowingly as he sits down in front of you, his brown eyes confused and concerned. His hand comes to cup your face, lifting your gaze to his eyes when you avoid eye contact.

"Danny I-" you start but emotions clog your throat up.

His heart thuds in his chest, he doesn't know what to expect when you sound so sad. His mind muddled with what could possible be the explanation.

Is she breaking up with me? The thought makes his scoot closer.

You reach a hand up to wipe a tear and that's when he looks down to see the positive pregnancy test. His eyes widen and his jaw drops.

You quickly sputter out apologies when you realize he's seen it.

"I'm so sorry Danny I thought I took my birth control- but I don't know- I don't know what happened" you cry the words, covering you face with your hands.

Daniels in shock for a moment as he picks it up from your lap, examining and and telling himself it's not a hallucination.

"Is this real?"

You nod and look at him, tears making your vision blurry.

"Yes and-and I know we said we'd wait but I-" you words are cut off when he slams his lips against yours. His lips form a smile as he kisses you.

Your totally and utterly confused as he pulls back, both of his large hands cupping the side of your face as he looks at you. New tears making his own honey brown eyes glossy.

"We're gonna have a baby?" Is all he asks.

Your brows furrowed but you nodded 'yes'. This makes him kiss you again. You pull back, still confused at his reaction.

"You're not upset?" You question and he quirks a brow with a questioning glance.

"Why on earth would I be upset?" He says quickly, his hands dropping to take your shaky ones in his gentle ones.

"Because this ain't what we planned for?"

He scoffs happily, pulling your hands to his lips to press loving kisses to your knuckles.

"Fuck whatever we planned, I get to have a baby with the love of my life? Sooner than I thought? Even better in my view" he says and your eyes well up with tears for a whole new reason. Love for your fiancé pulses in your chest, you thank God or whoever it was that sent you Daniel or decided you did something to deserve him.

You say nothing and instead throw your arms around him, loving him and his reaction. All the fear and insecurities melting away when he hits you back tightly, whispering lovely words and affirmations of the new future you get to plan for.

———
A shorter one but I
think it's a cutie
Live laugh love DR3