Old man// Carlos Sainz Jr

Prompt: "I think I'll be a very attractive old man"

———

My eyes scan the crowd again after I've left a conversation with Charles and Lando, looking for any sign of the man the reason this party is happening.

I have to push through the crowds of people i invited, each of them congratulating and complimenting me on the decorations i chose for the party. I take each comment with an impatient smile of gratitude before asking if they've seen my fiancé, Carlos. My smile falters each time they say they haven't seen the birthday boy.

Just when I'm about to give up with a groan, my eyes catch a familiar body standing outside on the balcony. Relief makes my tense shoulders drop as i begin to walk over.

I quietly open the tinted glass doors to see him standing there with his hands against the railing, looking out at the shining city below. The lights of all the buildings look like stars against the darkness of the night, even I take a minute to stare at the view before speaking up.

Curiosity and worry coat my words as i walk near him, a hand coming up to his back. His body tensed before he hears my voice, "Hey, mi amor, what are you doing out here?" I ask softly.

Carlos turns to face me, a gentle smile gracing his lips, "just getting some air" he replies simply as his hand comes to hold my waist and pulls me closer to his side. I, however, can see something in his warm brown eyes that said something else was going on. He's trying to hide something he's feeling, i can.

"Carlos, what's really the matter? Did I accidentally invite someone you don't like? I can tell them to leave" i question. only half joking- I'd happily kick someone out if they were upsetting Carlos. But he just chuckles along with me, placing a small kiss to my cheek before turning back towards the view. I bite my bottom lip between my teeth, wondering if I should pry or let him be.

I think about letting it go but it is his birthday, I wanna know if I can help.

"No, no the party is amazing Mi hermosa..." Carlos says, his voice trailing off.

An eyebrow raises as I look towards him again, i smooth my hand up and down his back comfortingly before asking, "is there a but somewhere in that sentence?"

Carlos looks down at me with a soft grin, he finally turns fully towards me and slides both hands around my waist. We're so close that his breath fans my face and I can see the specks of light shining inside his eyes.

"But, I much would've rather to just spend the night with you. Just us together" he says sweetly, his dark brown eyes look in mine and it makes my heart skip a beat at the sweet words. Even after three years of dating, he could still find a way to make me feel special and all tingly over.

I take a minute to let the flush of my face feel less warm before I cup his face with my hand, my thumb grazing his cheekbone. He leans into my hand with a smile.

I let thé silence last for a few more seconds before cracking a joke, "only 29 and you're already acting like an old man. Oh I just want to stay at home!" I tease with a faux old person voice in the end.

"Already feeling like an old man are we?" I joke and put my hand on his bicep while dramatically pouting.

Carlos chuckled, his deep laughter filling the air. "Maybe I am," he replied, feigning an elderly voice. He can barely get through talking with the voice before laughing, and I can barley keep a straight face while hearing him try to talk like an old man.

"Are you still gonna love me when I'm all grey and wrinkly?" He jokes and because of the glowing light from inside, I can see his face almost perfectly. Save for a few shadows where the light doesn't reach. I can tell he's joking but there's a look in his eyes that also says he wonders about my answer.

For shits and giggles, I pretend to ponder for a moment, a playful grin spreading across my face even though I try to keep it straight.

"Hmm, that's a tough one," i finally say, tapping my chin before letting my smile take over my face.

I step closer and wrap my arms around his waist and he does the same, and with my chin resting on his chest I look up and say, "truthfully.... I think I'll trade you in for a newer model"

He immediately rolls his big brown eyes and pretends to push me away only to bring me back to his side after I've said the words 'I'm joking!' a few times, the words almost get lost with my giggles but he manages to hear them.

"I'm only kidding" I finally say truthfully, my heart grows at the thought of growing old with Carlos.

"Even when your hair gets all grey and you get all wrinkly, I will still be by your side- just as grey-haired and wrinkly" I say gently and a smile spilts across his face before he leans down to press a kiss to my lips.

He breaks the gentle kiss with a mischievous smirk on his face, "you think I'll become a silver fox?"

I can't help but laugh wholeheartedly at that, and soon enough his laughter mixes with mine in the cool dark air.

"Did you seriously stop kissing me to ask if you'll be a hot old man?" I ask with playfully narrowed eyes.

Carlos takes a minute before nodding, the corners of his mouth turning up as he does so.

I roll my eyes again, "cmon old man, let's go celebrate your birthday" I joke and grab his hand to pull him behind me.

His deep laugh cuts through the air again, "I think I'll be a very attractive old man" he finalizes as we enter the party again.

———

Meant to post this last week lol
but I was very very sick