Late night adventure//Charles Leclerc

Prompt: "None, guess we're gonna have a late night adventure""

———

"Not in the mood to party either?" A voice spoken up spooks you as you lean against the wall. You eyes once focused on the glowing moon as your mind wandered, now focuses on the figure who's just walked outside the busy club.

It takes you a moment to make out who it is but a small smile takes over your face when you see your best friend- and maybe the guy you might have a tiny crush on- walking towards you with his hands shoved into the pocket of his coat.

"No," you sigh as Charles walks up to lean against the wall next to you, "I got an early morning, don't even know why I came out to be honest"

Charles nods along, "yeah I don't know why I came either, I have a practice session tomorrow"

Your brow quirks, "seriously?" He nods causing you to shake your head in silent laughter.

"If any of us shouldn't be out, it's definitely you" you tell him and he nods along. Your gaze drifts to the stars again, appreciating the Bahrain night sky.

"Yeah I only came out ne the others said you were going" he says softly. Your face heats up, hoping your not making up the hidden double meaning among his words. You know how Charles sees you and sadly it's not the same as how you see him. So you just smile and look over at him, only to find him already looking at you.

He can't help it.

He doesn't know if it's the moonlight shining down on you or the warm light from the lamppost a few feet away, but you look heavenly to him. Light dances across your features, highlighting and defining in the most hypnotic way.

You both stop for a moment. The world seems to stop turning when your eyes meet, a thousand emotions being said and a thousand more not being understood.

"I don't already bother you enough as it is? Wanted a chance for a clingy drunk me?" You joke, finally breaking away from the magnetic green eyes that once held your gaze.

Charles let's out a small laugh before shaking his head, "you're never a bother... and I like drunk clingy you, I think she's adorable"

"Oh please, I don't have to be blackout drunk to be clingy so I know how much I hang off of you, bet it scares away all the girls huh? Sorry for wreaking your game" you say sarcastically, a wide grin pulling at your face.

Charles chuckles too, and for only a second it's quiet until he speaks up again.

"I still like it, I like you hanging off of me and scaring away that other girls" again, you try not to hear a double meaning. But with a sentence like that it's quite hard.

You say nothing, not exactly knowing what to say. A million thoughts run through your mind, a part of you delusionally thinking that just maybe Charles' words do hold a double meaning meant just for you. Another more realistic part of you screams out that your his best friend, of course he likes hanging out with you when your acting silly while drunk.

"Hey y/n?" Charles once again speaks up, a certain tone of hopefulness in his words.

You turn your neck to face him again, humming out a response.

"Do you wanna get out of here?"

"And go where exactly, it's almost midnight Charlie" the nickname rolls off your tongue and the Monégasque couldn't be happier of the dim lighting that hides the blush that always seems to coat his face when you call him the childhood nickname you never let go.

"I don't know," he admits truthfully. He purely asked because he didn't want to do anything worse but spend time with you, he felt the urge to not just do something, but do something with you.