All we have//Charles Leclerc

Prompt: "but what if that's all we have?"

———

The argument had started over something small, neither you could Charles even remembered what started it. But it had quickly spiraled out of control as you both added fuel to the already blazing fire.

Voices had been raised, tempers had flared, and now you were both standing in the middle of the room, facing each other, tears streaming down your face as you think this might be the final argument between you both.

How this might be the straw that broke the camels back.

Charles had been so angry, so frustrated, but as he looked at you now, he felt all of that anger evaporate.

He hated to see you cry. Hated it as much as he did being the reason for your tears.

All he could see was you, the girl he loved, the girl he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. The girl he made cry all because he started with the little snaps back.

He took a step towards you, his arms outstretched, and you hesitated for a moment before collapsing into his embrace. It was warm and safe as you felt your emotions fill and clog your throat.

He held you tightly, and soon he felt your body shake against his with sobs, your tears soaking the material of his shirt while his own tears fall on your hair.

"I'm sorry," he whispered into your hair. "I'm so sorry."

You didn't say anything as you didn't know what to say, so you just clung to him, your fingers digging into his back unknowingly, your body continues to shake with your sobs.

Charles didn't know what to do or say still. He just held you tight, feeling your pain, feeling your hurt, it all made him feel like the worst person in the world.

"I love you," he said softly, his voice choked with emotion. "I love you so much."

You looked up at him, your eyes were red and puffy, and he wiped away your tears with his thumb.

"I love you too," you said softly, your voice barely above a whisper, "but what if that's all we have?"

Your words shattered his heart beyond recognition. His green eyes filled with more tears as he looked down at you, his head shaking as his mind processed your sad words.

"No y/n, we... that is not all we have" he begged for something, he didn't know what but his words were desperate all the same.

"Couples argue," his hands cups your face and your hands came to lay over his, "that doesn't change how much we love each other. This petty argument doesn't get to overshadow all the moments of love and care we have between each other" he says gently yet desperate.

That's all he feels: desperation.

He doesn't want this to be the end of you and him, this can't be the end of you and him.

"Please don't let this argument ruin what we have" he says and kisses your forehead as more tears slide down your face.

"I'm sorry for getting angry" you say with a wobbly voice. Charles quickly kisses your lips and holds you tight against his body again.

"No no i am sorry," Charles says quickly, "I'm sorry for making this more than it needed to be"

"I don't want to lose us Charles" you say sadly.

"You won't mon chérie," he kisses the top of your head again, "this is not the end of us"

———

Love how I get the most
inspiration for writing when
I'm sad... :)