Puppies and presents//Lando Norris

Prompt: "you didn't..."

———

You smile at Lando, the warm glow of the fire that's been crackling in the fireplace lights up the whole room.

He sets down his steaming glass of hot chocolate when he catches you staring. He quirks and eyebrow as he leans back into the couch next to you, "what? Do I have any on my face?"

You chuckle and shake your head 'no'.

"No, no I'm just really happy we're spending Christmas together." You tell him softly, reaching over to intertwine your fingers with his. His smile widens and he pulls you closer to him, you settle into his side but you're looking up at him.

"Me too, my favorite holiday with my favorite person" he says sweetly before pressing a gentle kiss to your lips.

You both smile init the kiss before he abruptly pulls back. Confusion pulls at your brows as you watch him frown and look around the room before seemingly coming to a realization.

"What's wrong?" Your asking the question this time as Lando stands up, a sneaky smile pulling at his lips as he looks down at you.

"Wait here, there's one more gift I forgot to give you" he says quickly and runs toward the guest room. You scoff playfully and stand up after him.

"Lando you've already given me way too much, love" you try to say and go into the He guest bedroom after him but he's already walked back out, one hand holding something behind his back.

"That not true I didn't get you that much?" He says with a pout. You give him an unbelieving look and gesture too the many gifts you've both unwrapped, a large amount of gifts give to you from him even though you told him not to splurge like he often does.

"So I went a little above what you said was okay, that's normal" he jokes and leads you back to the couch.

"You gave me enough jewelry and clothes to start my own brand" you joke back with a small chuckle.

"I Just love getting you things you'll like" he says it like it's an obvious excuse. You only laugh and follow his lead to sit back down.

"This is a special gift though," Lando says and brings the circular box, with a giant bow on top, from behind his back.

"What's this..." your voice trails off when a small bark comes from inside the box.

You immediately look up to match your gaze with Lando's, his blue eyes highlighted by the warm glow of the fire. Filled with love and excitement to show you his gift for you.

"Go on," he pushed the now moving box closer to you, "don't keep the poor thing waiting"

That sends you into action, you immediately pull the lid off for a Dalmatian puppy to bounce into your lap. A giant red bow attached to an expensive leather collar.

"You didn't..." Again You trail off as the familiar looking puppy plays with the strings of your-Lando's- hoodie. You pick up the puppy carefully.

"I did" he bites his bottom lip in anticipation, waiting to see your emotions- past shock- to be displayed.

"This ai the puppy from the shelter?" You ask as it finally starts to dawn on you that he went back and got the dog you felt so sad to leave behind.

"Of course it is, went back an hour after we left. I saw the way you looked at the lil thing and knew you needed it" Lando explains and scoots closer to you and the Dalmatian puppy.

"Oh Lando," You coo and move the puppy to your lap again to throw your arms around his shoulders. He chuckles and hold you close as well, relief floods his shoulders at your reaction.

"But what happened to not being able to have one?" You ask, remembering Lando sadly letting you down when you asked him what he thought about adopting the puppy.

He waves you off, "that was an act, I knew I'd be leaving that place with this dog as soon as you picked him up"

You pout your lips in a sad yet happy smile, tears prick your eyes at the sentimental thing your boyfriend did for you.

"Thank you Lando, really- I've- I've always wanted a Dalmatian-"

"Since you saw the Disney movie on them right?" He finishes, knowing your favorite Disney movie was the reason for the love of the dog breed.

You nod along, again moving closer to press a kiss to his cheek.

"So what are we gonna name him?" He ask as you settle into his side, the already sleepy puppy cuddling between you both.

"Bob? You joke.

"No thank you"

———
Merry Christmas to
everyone who celebrates