Too stubborn//Lewis Hamilton

Prompt: "you were too stubborn to ask so I stepped in?"

———

"Dinner will be done in a few minutes" Lewis shouts from the kitchen. You look up from the small box of ornaments, the shadow of Lewis moving around the kitchen makes you smile.

"Okay I'm almost done!" You shout back and look at Roscoe, sleeping in his new Christmas dog bed. The dog gazes up at you lazily as you shake your head, whispering the words: "no I'm not"

You chuckle to yourself when he only nuzzles his smushes nose into his bed. You turn back to the large Christmas tree, warm fairy lights decorated the flourished branches and different ornaments hang in random places. The low sounds of a Christmas movie play in the background as well the sound of Lewis moving around the kitchen making a simple dinner.

When the movie starts to play a Christmas song as the credits roll in you start to hum softly along, swaying unseriously to the familiar tune. Unknowingly to you, Lewis leaves to set the finished dinner on the table but stops at the entryway to watch you with a genuine smile. He's almost frozen as he watches the women he loves- you- decorate the Christmas tree in your shared living room. It's such a domestic night for you both, a simple thing that somehow makes his heart feel overflowed.

He continued to watch with a small smile, that is until you got to the star that needed to be placed at the very top. He set the dish down, ready to make a joke that proves you wrong whenever you tell him you aren't stubborn. He crosses his arms as he watches you have a small inner battle. There's no way you can reach the top on your own and the step-stool went missing the other day- Lewis broke it and was busy trying to find a replica.

He takes a step back into the kitchen for his little joke to work, "do you need any help in there?" He asks, making sure his voice sounds distant. He watches as you nod before saying you don't.

He rolls his eyes, fighting the laugh he wants to let out.

After you've attempted- and failed- to reach the very top, he gives in and walks over. You let a surprised yelp when Lewis' hands come to your hips before he lifts you up to sit you on his shoulders. Immediately you try to gain your balance sitting up there. Confused, you look down and make eye contact with Lewis.

"What are you doing Lew?" You ask grinning as he offers up a wide smile to you.

He shrugs his shoulders, moving you ever so slightly in the process, "you were too stubborn to ask so I stepped in?" He says it like it's obvious.

"I could've done it" you joke as Lewis steps closer to the tree so you can reach up and easily put the glimmering star on the top of the freshly decorated tree.

"Sure you could've, love" he chuckles and helps you off his shoulders. You roll your eyes despite the large smile on your face, you stand up taller to press a kiss to his cheek. He reacts quickly- as formula one drivers typically do- and his hand grabs your waist again to pull you make so he can press a kiss to your lips.

You both smile into the kiss, however your smile drops when he mumbles, "I told you you're stubborn"

You scoff playfully and he starts laughing as you walk away, changing the topic to dinner and grumbling about how you're not stubborn at all.

———
Y'all bout to get sick of me
Imma post so many Christmas
themed ones
Any drivers you want to see?