Confessions in the rain//Pierre Gasly

Prompt: "does this mean you're not mad at me anymore?"

---

"Wait y/n" Pierre chases after you when you storm past him. Your entire body is filled with anger at the situation, Pierre has once again ran some guy you liked off. For no spoken reason.

"No Pierre leave me alone" you shout without even looking back at him. The rain above already begins to soak your clothes as you walk towards your car.

"Y/n please" he says and finally catches up to you to where he can grab your wrist- stopping you from walking away from him.

"No Pierre!" You shout and whip around to face him. Pierre goes to say something but you cut him off.

"Tell me right now why do you always have to do that?! Why whenever I'm talking to a guy you have to storm in there and say something to send the guy running? Why?! Do you just- can you just not stand seeing me happy that you have go and ruin it?" You shout and take a step towards him to point an accusingly finger against his chest.

Your chest rises and falls with the aftermath of your rant. Pierre tries to gather his thoughts into a clear statement, opening his mouth only to close it when he finds himself failing to say what he really wants to.

"Y/n" he starts but you just shake your head as tears fills your eyes. Rain pours down on you both as you take a step back, "no Pierre, I'm done, I'm sick of your little minds games"

"I'm sick of you seeing me chatting with some guy only to come ruin it! Is it so bad that I don't want to be alone" you say and start to turn around, ready to leave the Frenchman standing there with his own guilt.

"I'm in love with you" he finally says after you've begun to walk away from him. He closes his eyes and lets his head fall, preparing for the crushing weight of your rejection.

You pause mid step. It's as if everything, the rain, the mumbles sound of the music playing from inside the club, all of it, fades to nothing as you turn around.

The anger you once felt dissipating at the sight of your best friend finally looking up to match your gaze.

"Pierre" it's your turn to say his name, not knowing what worse to say. Wasn't there once a time where you dreamed of him say these words? You'd once look at him ongoing for him to feel the same way as you always felt. But to you, he never seemed to see you the way you saw him. So you tried to patch together your heart and move on.

"I know, I know. You just see me as a friend" he sighs and takes a step closer to you. His piercing blue eyes find yours as he steps even closer, "but I don't. I've been in love with you since I could remember"

Your heart beats thunderously in your chest as you head his confession. You can't seem to look away from him as you struggle to string words together.

He takes your silence as his rejection, his hands reach out to hold onto yours gently. His thumb runs over your knuckles sending jolts of electric waves, waves that only ever seem to wash up when he's around.

"I know I need to accept that we're just friends," he says softly, he looks down at your conjoined hands as he sighs again.

"I'm sorry for ruining your date-" he says but you cut him off by sealing your lips to his.

He freezes in his place, your lips hesitant and nervous on his as you step closer. You lips barely brush against his as you start to regret it. But then his mind catches up and his arm whines around your waist, pulling you closer to his chest.

Sparks ignite in his chest at the contact. Your hands grasp at the collar of his shirt to pull him closer, the kiss heating up as you both mold your bodies against the other.

You're both breathless when you pull apart, your foreheads resting against the others as you try to regain air inside your lungs.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for you to say that to me" you mumble as a smile forms across your now red lips.

Pierre smiles wider than he thought possible, his hands that still rest on your waist pull you impossibly closer to him.

"Does this mean you're not mad at me anymore?" He teases and you both chuckle. You press your lips against his again in a slow kiss, both you savoring the way you both seem to melt into each others lips and arms.

"I guess not" you joke and smile against him.

———

This one took me so long to
write and I have no idea why