Ice skating//Oscar Piastri

Prompt: "I think I spoke too soon on not showing up to Christmas dinner injured"

———

"Are you sure about this?" Oscar questions after a pause of hesitation. You look back and giggle at the worried look on his face before you slip your glove covered hand in his, tugging him towards you and the outdoor ice rink in the process.

"Don't worry Oscar, you're gonna be just fine" you tell him with a -slightly- confident grin.

He rolls his eyes as you both sit down on the bench to tug off your snow boots and replace them with tightly laced ice skates.

"This coming from the professional, I'm gonna land flat on my ass as soon as I step out there" he sighs, giving you a look of unbelief when you shake your head in disagreement.

"I will help you," you tell him and offer your hands to him to help him stand up, he takes your help and stands up in front of you, "I won't let you fall"

He lets out a scoff of laugh that quickly stops when he takes a step in the skates, immediately stumbling before you grab his bicep to steady him.

He gives you a thankful look before you drag him towards the only partially busy ice rink.

It all goes pretty smoothly as you help Oscar onto the ice, though he moves like a newborn deer as soon as he steps on the ice.

"How do You do this all the time" Oscar laughs as you move slowly with him on the ice, your arm laced through his as support.

You lean over and kiss his cheek, "lord of practice my love, just like your racing"

He turns his gaze towards you as he shakes his head, the beanie on top restricting his hair from moving much.

"This is much harder than what I do" he tells you.

You shake your head back while giggling, "you don't mean that"

"No, no, I do. This is impossible" he sighs looking down at his slipping feet.

"Your doing great," you say happily, moving to stand in front of him, grabbing both his hands. "Come on" you say and before he can react, you start skating backwards, pulling him with you.

You go easy with him as he tries his best not to fall. It was quite a sight to see with you basically pulling him behind you. Soon Oscar started to get kinda get the hang of being on the ice, he was even able to let go of you and stay standing- but he didn't share that part and said holding your hand made him better.

You only blushed and smiled.

"Here I was thinking I was gonna tell my mum I broke my tailbone right before Christmas" Oscar jokes after almost an hour of skating together.

You start to laugh but that's when Oscar hits a melted patch on the ice, his feet slide out from under him. And since you were holding his hand, you fall down with him. His reaction was quick enough and he decided to pull you to land on top of hill rather than the ice like him.

You both let out 'oomphs' at the hard landing.

After a moment of silence, as you both laid on the ice a burst of laughter spilled from both of you. You move to slide off his chest as he sit up.

"Are you okay?" You after between giggles.

He only laughs, "I think I spoke too soon on not showing up to Christmas dinner injured"

"Oh poor baby, let's go" you tease and stand up before helping him.

After that tumble you decided not to risk any more injuries and got some nice warm hot chocolate.

———
Not the most Christmasy
but still cute
Live laugh love Oscar Pastry