Stray cat//Max Verstappen

Prompt: "Is there a cat under the blanket?"

———

My eyes follow max as he walks through the front door, slightly sweating from training all afternoon. When the small animal in my lap and under a blanket start to meow, my eyes widen and I look over at Jimmy and Sassy- almost expecting them to snitch on me to Max.

They just lay their heads back on top of each others back. I smile at the sight but I drops when Max speaks up from the kitchen.

"Hey y/n?" He starts, I slide my hand under the blanket to pet the small kitten in hopes it'll keep it silent while Max is in the room.

"Yes love?"

"Did you buy kitten food? You know they eat the adult cat food" he reminds as he points towards the two cats he knows of.

I purse my lips, silently cursing myself for not putting up the new kitten food.

"My mistake" I try to not sound suspicious but Max gives me a weird look. It becomes quiet between us, that is until the new cat i got decides now is a good time to start meowing.

Max's blue eyes widen and I offer a sheepish smile. He puts his hands on his hips and then narrows his eyes, "y/n?"

"Yes dear?" I say sweetly.

"Is there a cat under the blanket?" He ask suspiciously.

I purse my lips and while the kitten continues to meow under the blanket k shake my head 'no', "of course not"

He gives me a -rightfully- unbelieving look before striding over and pulling the black off to reveal a small black kitten laying in my lap. Once the blankets been removed the kitten looks up between me and max before moving off my lap to go play with Jimmy and Sassy.

"Y/n we already have two cats" Max complains. I frown and walk over to pick up the kitten and move to show Max the adorable animal I found.

"But they need another friend!" I reason.

"That's why they have each other" he reasons back as well. I groan and cuddle the kitten against my chest, cooing at the small kitten with the biggest brown eyes.

"But they needed a little sibling"

"Y/n..."

"Please Max, he's so cute and I found him outside all alone and hungry!"

"You found him outside" he ask, his weak defense when it comes to cats showing.

"Uh huh, and he was all shivery and sad" I say sadly, hoping the puppy eyes I offer help me convince Max to let me keep him.

"Y/n but we already have two..." he sighs but then he looks at the cat in my arms and takes him from me. Holding up high as if he's inspecting him.

"He is cute I'll give him that" Max says and I try to hide my smile as I slowly see him being convinced.

"And Jimmy and Sassy don't mind him?" I shake my head 'no' immediately with a wide smile.

"Not one bit" I confirm as Max cuddles the cat against his side.

"What have you named him?" He asks and I clap my hands happily. If he wants to know the name he's clearly on board.

"Bobby" I say happily.

"We'll be changing that once we go get him a collar"

———
Live Laugh Love
Max Verstrappen 4Life