Anxiously here//Lando Norris

Prompt: request by  @Celeste_526

———

I can't help but let out a sigh of relief when I finally slip my- my boyfriends- sweater over my head, marking the end of a long photoshoot. I finally relax my body as I collect my things and begin to walk out. Only my attention is caught just before I can slip my headphones over my ears.

I have to look a few times before a brunette with bright blue eyes whos been calling my name walks up closer.

I try not to be rude at the smile women as she asks, "you're y/n, right?"

I nod slowly, looking around as if the answer of who this women is- is gonna fall out of the sky.

"Uh yeah, sorry um who are you?" A nervous chuckle escapes me as I ask, I'm not the best with names or faces so I'm about to feel really bad if I've forgotten who this person is.

"Oh sorry I'm Kelly, you might know my boyfriend- Max Verstrappen" my lips immediately spread at the recognition of both her boyfriends name but also her name. I've met max through my boyfriend, Lando, and I think i saw Kelly around at the paddock the one time I went now that I think about it.

"Oh! Hi yes I am y/n" I confirm again and Kelly smiles widely.

"You know Lando sure bows how to describe a person" she jokes after we've started walking out together. We had a quick chat that led to us agreeing to get lunch since we were both free, our boyfriends were best friends so we'd probably be seeing each a lot- why not get closer?

I can't help but laugh, Lando sucks at describing things and it leave both of us deep in confusion when he forgets the name of things. Still remember the time we were both deeply confused and annoyed because he was trying to describe a food place but forgot the name, he could only think of the words- and I quote- "it's the food place with the good food that we went to a few weeks ago". It might be obvious, but we never figured out the place he was talking about.

"You must have my Lando confused with another" I joke and Kelly chuckles before shaking her head.

"Nope you should hear him when he's describing you, it was so detailed that I was almost hundred percent certain it was you when I first saw you" she tells me and I feel my face heat up.

"Lando talks about me?" I ask lowly, we've only been dating maybe three months so I'm surprised he's really mentioned anything about me.

Kelly let's out a loud laugh and she begins nodding her head, "please it's all he talks about, every time I'm with him and Max- I think know way more than I should about you already just because of him" she nudges my side with her elbow and I can't help but smile even wider while looking down at my shoes.

"I would've guess he's barely mentioned me" I say but Kelly shakes her head.

"No way, for a moment I thought he'd start introducing himself as: hello I'm Lando, my girlfriend is y/n let me tell you all about her" Kelly jokes, my face starts to feel so hot and I know it's probably as red as a tomato.

As we sit down and place a drink order, me and Kelly get talking. And even though I technically met her an hour ago, I can already tell we're gonna be a close duo. We talk about our similar careers, she talks about her daughter, I talk about how I'm walking in Fashion week, and we just continue to bounce from one random topic to another. It very much reminds me of those random conversations friends have at night, where there's no set topic of discussion- just one comment leads to a whole new conversation.

It's fun and I'm on the edge of my seat clutching my stomach laughing after Kelly has told another funny story. As the laughter cools down- as much as it can- I start asking her about her plans for the week.