Pissy attitude//Lando Norris

Prompt: "you come get me when you're done pouting"

———

You scoff when Lando once again pushes away your attempts to help him. You watch him mutter how you wouldn't understand or how you don't get it, an exasperated frown pulls at your lips as you watch him.

"Are you serious right now?" You scoff again, shaking your head in disbelief at your boyfriends childish behavior, "I'm trying to help right now, but you're giving me nothing to work with"

Lando grumbles under his breath as he too shakes, "y/n just stop, leave me alone" he says with a snap in his tone.

Your lips pinch together and your brows furrow. You look at Lando, waiting for him to crack and tell you what's wrong so you can help- like he's always done. But he doesn't, he just stays seated in the couch, avoiding even looking at you.

You scoff again as you grab your purse and keys, "you know what? Fine, you can come get me when you're done pouting" you say and grab the doorknob, but you pause.

You pause in hopes Lando will finally speak up- even if it's at the last minute. But when you look back at him, he's still staring at the wall.

So you say nothing and walk out of the door, grumbling under your breath.

Lando finally looks over when he hears the door, he's biting his bottom lip anxiously- already thinking he's done something bad by not just explaining himself. But he just shakes his head, trying to get rid of the thoughts- he thinks it'll be good for a little space, allow him to just calm down so he doesn't snap at his girlfriend more.

But then an hour has gone by and there's been no sign of you returning. He tries to busy himself by doing little things, picking up the things you've asked him to all morning, making a snack, and even playing some games on his sim. But ever so often during these tasks, he'd look over at the front door at the slightest sound.

Soon enough it became dark out as the sun started to set, and you still hadn't come back home.

Lando was anxiously pacing around the entire apartment, not knowing what to do with himself without you there. He only had so much free time to spend with you, and here he was- spending it without you, the one thing he didn't want to do. He thought he heard the door open once, which led him to bolt through the apartment- almost tripping on himself in the process.

But when he saw it wasn't you opening the door, he groaned and fell against the couch.

"I'm so fucking stupid" he mumbles to himself when he finally decides he can't take it anymore. He grabs his wallet and keys and exits the apartment in a rush.

He drives as fast as he can- legally- towards your best friends place. He's knows it's where you'd go, it's where you always go when Lando gets pissy and takes it out on you.

He knocks on the door loudly and is left waiting until your friend opens the door.

She immediately rolls her eyes, "hello Lando, what can I help you with"

Lando sighs, knowing he deserve the bitter attitude, "I wanna tell her I'm sorry"

Your friend goes to say something, but you walk up behind her with your arms crossed, "it's okay, I got it"

Both girls share a look that makes Lando gulp.

You close the door behind you and lead Lando to sit on the porch with you. Your arms stay crossed as Lando fiddles with his fingers, trying to work out the words in his mind in a way he can say them.

"Are you done with your pissy attitude?" You say, breaking the silence first.

He scratches the back of his as a grimace forms over his face.

"I'm sorry y/n you didn't deserve that, you were just trying to help" he says and looks over at you. You nod along, not even bothering to hide your agreement.

"Lando you gotta stop this, you have to let me in... I wanna help you the way you help me" you tell him softly. Lando nods along, smiling when he looks up to see you scooting over closer to him.

He wraps an arms around your shoulders, he presses a kiss to your temple, mumbling the words "I know, I'm sorry" against your hair.

"I'm not asking you to share everything, I understand privacy- but please, don't shut me out or wave me off" you tell him softly again. Lando smiles down at you and starts chuckling.

This leads you to frown and look up at him, "what?

"It's just your perfect and I keep messing up, why do you put up with me?" Lando asks with a sigh.

You chuckle at this, "I guess your cute enough to put up with" you joke.

Lando laughs and places another kiss to your temple.

"Thanks for putting up with me"

———

Three whole weeks of no races?
And my mom had the chance to
get me tickets to the Texas race?
And I start school next week?
My life is in shambles