Country dancin'//Logan Sargent

Prompt: "come on, I'll teach y'a"

———

I don't know what exactly I was expecting when Logan told me he had this bar he wanted to show me before we left Texas for the Mexico GP, but this dimly lit and Smokey bar was not what I expected at all. Loud country music played through hidden speakers and the sounds of clicking glasses mixed with cheerful laughter filled the room as well.

My grasp on my boyfriends hand tightened as we continued into the warm room, the smell of whiskey and beer filling my nose to the brim to the point where I was almost drunk just by the smell.

"Logan, mon amour, when you said you wanted to show me a place..." I look around as we sit down on a very worn down bar seat, "is not exactly what I expected"

The blonde just laughs and leans over to place a kiss to my cheek, "what you don't like it?"

"It's very American" I joke, Logan just laughs again after rolling his eyes.

"I'm gonna try and not gonna take that personal" he meets my joke with another.

Slowly my eyes adjust to the dim lighting and just as slowly, I begin to warm up to the very stereotypical American bar style. It's a big contrast from French bars, where there's still a sense of elegance amongst the liquor and loud music. But this bar does start to grow on me, especially when fast paced catchy music burst through the speakers.

Me and Logan hang out near the bar, chatting over simple things and about his race- he starts getting all blushy when I mention him getting his first points which I'm very proud of him for. But ever so often I get drawn to the couple moving back and forth to the fun country music, the girls look like they're all having so much fun dancing with the guys.

Clearly I've stared enough times to catch Logan's attention because he laces our fingers together, nodding towards the crowd of dancing duos, "do you wanna dance?"

I nod but cringe and remind not only him but myself, "I don't know how to country dance Logan"

He waves my comment off, a smile spreading across his face as he gets off his bar stool. He leans in close, his blue eyes capturing mine before he places a 'innocent' kiss to my lips.

"Come on, I'll teach y'a" I never got the hype around dating guys with a different accent than yours until now. His husky voice makes my face flush red, and for the first time tonight it's not because of the alcohol I've been drinking.

Logan pulled me to the dance floor with a slight mischievous smirk, he eyes me up and down and again- my face went red.

His hand holding mine pulls me closer, faster than I expected that I basically fall against his chest. He smiles down at me, his hands coming to hold my hips while he places another kiss to my lips- this one longer than before.

"You look amazing tonight, by the way" he add softly and I smile.

I look down at my outfit, a simple white tank top paired with blue Jean shorts and a chunky belt. Of course I'm wearing cowgirl boots to match the outfit as well.

"You don't look half bad yourself" I return the compliment, speaking about his white button up shirt, jeans, and of course cowboy boots. Logan smiles before taking my hands in his larger ones.

His touch sends tingles through my fingertips. He starts explaining the rather simple steps I was clearly overthinking, patiently he tells me where to step and where to turn.

And soon enough our bodies move in synchrony as if we had been dancing together for years. His touch was firm yet gentle; his whispers of encouragement tickled my ear like sweet promises.

As we continued to dance together throughout the evening, our bodies only grew closer with each twirl and dip. Every time he's dip me to the beat of the song, he'd send a playful wink in my direction. A seemingly permanent smile stayed on my lips so much that my face hurt from smiling so much.

The heat between us became more noticeable as our eyes locked in moments of shared joy and excitement. The country music speaking of wild night only fluid the heat between us.

Logan's playful banter made me giggle uncontrollably, and his soothing American accented voice whispered compliments that made me only blush even more deeply.

Time seemed to stand still as we danced amongst the crowd, usually I would've been dead by now and in need of a seat- but I didn't feel anything but happiness as we danced. We were almost oblivious to the world around us.

The music swirled around our bodies, merging with our uncontrolled laughter and the sound of our cowboy boots synchronized steps. The chemistry between us was undeniable and making me lightheaded, a magnetic force that drew me closer to him with each passing song.

As the night drew to a close, Logan pulled me into a final dip, his blue eyes sparkling with mischief. "You've got the moves, y/n," he whispered huskily. "But there's still so much more I could teach you. So many more  things I'd think you'd like" the suggest tone wasn't missed by me, in fact I only returned the suggestive tone right back to him.

With a coy smile on my lips and a flutter deep in my heart, i leaned in and whispered back, "I can't wait to learn more from you, Logan."

My eyes catching his, winking at him like he's been doing all night.

———
Had to give mr america
his own one for getting points
Bc y'a know
RAHHH USA 🦅🦅🦅🦅🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸