Rigged in a good way//Lewis Hamilton

Prompt: "thanks for letting me win"

———

"I'm serious, this is the one Lew" I say with playful confidence. Lewis just shakes his head with a smile as he opens the door for me to walk through, once inside the sound of the karts zooming by makes my body shiver.

"Are you sure about that?" Lewis teases back as we both sign up for a time slot together. With a joking smile I nod quickly, but of course I know i won't be winning. I never have and honestly im not hurt or sad about it, I mean my boyfriend is Lewis Hamilton- the seven time championship winner in formula one! Plus he always gets me ice cream after I lose because I can tell he feels slightly bad for always winning.

The fact that I always lose however never breaks the cycle of me talking a big game about beating him. And Lewis, the polite boyfriend that he is, always plays along.

"Oh yes, I can feel it!" I tell him with a wide smile, "tonight I'll be buying the consolation ice cream"

Lewis simply laughs again and pulls me to his side as we wait for our turns. He kisses my cheek as I continue talking smack, "you said that the last two times"

I wave him off, my smile never dipping, "shush it"

Lewis laughs again and this time I laugh along with him, cherishing the moment as it's happening. I love It when Lewis is off and we have time for real dates that aren't far away from home. Sure the fancy dinner dates in other countries are fun and absolutely amazing, but there's nothing like going to the same public kart track we use to go to when we were kids and Lewis used it for practice- I of course would support him from either the tables that lined the walls or from the kart as he lapped me.

"Let's see who's the real winner" Lewis finally jokes when it's our turn. We get in our separate karts- Lewis of course somehow got his racing number-  and before we know it, we're racing on the small track.

The race began and of course Lewis gained the lead instantly. I chuckled from inside my helmet, cheering for him despite my position. Again, I never cared about winning because I knew I never would, I actually enjoyed seeing Lewis race so up close. His skills on display even when he's not going his full 100%.

So instead of getting annoyed or even sad I just kept up behind him, thankful that at least these karts had a speed limit so I would never fall too far behind him.

As we raced Lewis would occasionally slow down on purpose just so we could mess around on the track together, he always stayed in the lead but he would get close enough to shout out how good I was doing or to check on me after I hit one of the barriers.

On the final lap I watched from behind as Lewis raced the track expertly. But once he got close to the finish line, his kart started to slow.

I was confused when I saw him look like he was almost struggling to drive or to start it up. But hey, I wasn't going to let the win slip through my fingers. So I drove past him and won without trouble.

I couldn't help it, I was excited! I parked the kart where it was supposed to go as Lewis pulled up. The mature thing to do would to act like an adult and handle the win with grace- but of course I chose the opposite.

I jumped up and down with the helmet still on, my eyes shining bright through the lifted visor. Lewis came up to me, fixing his hair after taking the helmet off.

"Look who finally won" Lewis teased before helping me unclip the helmet. I giggled, still feeling the endorphin rush of winning, before jumping into the hug he offered.

"Careful Lewis, might be coming for your racing crown" I say after kissing his cheek. Lewis chuckles, "yeah gotta be careful with you" he jokes.

I'm still smiling as Lewis leaves to go return our helmets. When a worker I saw working with the karts is walking, I stop him- still curious about what happened to Lewis' kart.

"Um excuse me, what happened to kart number 44?" I ask while trying to fix my hair. The guy's eyebrows quirk and a frown fills his face while he says, "nothing, I went to check it but I think he just slowed down on purpose"

He walks away after saying it but I'm frozen in place as a blush fills my face and my heart starts beating like restless butterflies.

I feel someone hug me from behind, I lean into it when Lewis speaks up, "so do I get my consolation ice cream now?"

The large grin returns to my face as I turn around and quickly place my lips to his. It's a soft but still happy kiss, Lewis returns the clearly unexpected kiss after a stutter of hesitation.

When we pull apart Lewis looks at me confused, but I just smile before saying, "thanks for letting me win"

Lewis tries to hide it by waving me off, "what are you talking about, you're just that good" he says sweetly. I wrap an arm around his waist as he does over my shoulders, we start walking out as I joke.

"I mean clearly I beat you" I say with a chuckle. Lewis places a kiss to my cheek again while agreeing.

———

To those who has seen Gran Turismo, what did you think? I loved it so much!!!
Also I'm switching all the one shots to first person just because I like writing it more!