But Daddy I love Him// Max Verstrappen

Prompt: "And risk ruining your reputation?"

———

You had to fight the boredom and the eye roll that threatened to come as your dad, Toto, droned on and on with his two drivers- Lewis and Valtteri- about stuff that seemed so meaningless to you.

You look across the room where most of Red-bull people had been standing. Because of course, in a very dramatic fashion, the Mercedes and Red-bull teams were very separated at the fancy formula one dinner to celebrate the season being back after summer break. You try to find max in the crowd of redbull workers but it seems he's disappeared.

You frown at his disappearance, hoping he didn't leave the party without letting you know so you could fake an excuse and go with him. See- you and max had been very secretly dating for most of the season, which has been amazing in hindsight. You and max fit together perfectly and you could feel yourself falling so deeply in love with him, but there was one problem.

Your dad was Toto Wolff, and he was the redbull driver that was currently the biggest rival to Merecedes. So while the sneaking around was fun and adrenaline inducing, you wanted to love max in private and in public.

"Everything alright honey?" Your dad ask with a quirked brow. You quickly drop the frown and nod, "yes I'm good"

He goes to say more but you miss the words when you feel your phone ding inside your dress's pockets. You have to bite your bottom lip to avoid letting a knowing smile spread across your face. Max had a different ringtone than anyone else, so the different vibration pattern made your heartbeat quicken.

"I'm gonna go get a drink actually" you say and your dad nods absentmindedly as he goes back to his conversation with Lewis and Valtteri.

You quickly step away and pull your phone from your pocket.

M🥇
Meet me in the next room
M🥇
There's a balcony for some fresh air

You smile at the two text messages. Looking around yourself to make sure no one is paying attention, you pick up one of the sides of your formal pale yellow gown before quickly leaving the crowded room.

You walk the empty hallways with the light shining from the room you just left to lead the way. A excited smirk fills your face as you find the room Max was talking about. You throw a glance over your shoulder before swiftly going inside.

The door closes behind you with a quiet thud, but you pay it no mind as you look around before spotting the glass doors that lead to the balcony.

You can see the back of Max's suit from through the slightly tinted glass planes of the doors and it makes your smile widen. Quiet taps from your heels fill the essentially empty room as you make your way over, your heart beat quickening from excitement.

Max's gaze had stayed on the lit up city line as he breathed in the fresh air. The relief at finding this spot that saved him from the stuffy room filled with fake smiles and watching eyes- watching eyes that made it impossible to merely stand next to who he truly wanted to.

But his gaze looks up when he hears the click of the glass doors opening behind him, he turns and a smile overtakes his face.

"You didn't respond," he says as you move past the glass door and quietly shut it behind you. "Almost thought you left me on read" he jokes and you roll your eyes as a chuckle flows past your lips.

"So dramatic, I took two minutes to get here" you tell him with a playful scoff.

"Two minutes too long" he sighs dramatically. You let out another chuckle before quickly walking over to wrap your arms over his shoulders.